Equal(Object) not comparing properly

In my Anim EventGraph I use a comparison node to check the weapon type being equipped against the Pistol blueprint reference that I created for my weapon system. I reference the current equipped weapon through my inventory manager component’s Get Current Weapon function which returns the both the Weapon type reference of whatever weapon is being equipped and a bool for whether a weapon is being equipped in the first place. Oddly, when I use an Equal(object) node to check the returned weapon object (which is the Pistol blueprint when I equip the Pistol) against the Pistol blueprint (selected in the node’s asset browser), it doesn’t return true so my animation can’t play. I’ve checked whether it really is the Pistol blueprint passing through by printing the blueprint name in a string after the comparison and it is the Pistol blueprint that’s being returned.

If I have to go into the source code that’s fine just a little explanation or hint at where to look would be great.

110744-comparison+fail.png

110746-printed+weapon+name.png

Hey ezragoss,

I can’t seem to reproduce this on my end. Could you send me an empty example project with your Character and AnimBP migrated to it?

You can PM me a download link on the forums.

I’d also like to suggest using the debug filter to view your graph in real time. You can watch pins too so that it outputs it’s values during runtime.

Hi ezragoss,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.