EQS scores are all 0 at runtime.

I’m trying to set up an EQS query that will give me a location that isn’t overlapping any static meshes, but also isn’t any further than a few meters from any static meshes.

I’ve set it up with a Circle generator with two Sphere Overlap checks. One with a radius of 1 and a score of -1, and the other with a radius of 300 and a score of 1. Both are set to Score Only. Using the EQS Testing Pawn, everything looks more or less okay. The items that are directly on the collision for the static meshes in the world have a score of 0.5, the ones that are 3 meters away from the collision have a score of 1, and the ones that are more than 3 meters away have a score of 0.5.

But when I create a blueprint to run the EQS query with the Run Mode set to ‘Single Best Item,’ it consistently returns Index 0 of the generated items, regardless of score.

If I set the overlaps to Filter Only or Filter and Score, I get nothing at all if either of the overlaps is set to Bool Match True.

And when I debug the EQS scores at runtime by setting the Run Mode to All Matching and printing everything, I get 0 for every score (The Testing Pawn also changes to show scores of 0 when selected during PIE).

Does anyone have any idea about what the heck is going on here?

Here’s the blueprint logic that I’m using to test. This is on a regular Actor BP (its location in the world is the same as the EQS Testing Pawn, so there’s no variation there):

Well, this is weird. After restarting the editor the EQS Testing Pawn wasn’t working properly at all, and then after rebuilding the query everything works properly now, even at runtime. I’m even getting results when I use Bool Match True.

Not sure what happened there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.