Download

Epic's Unreal Container: does it exist?

Hello!

Last week, I posted a question on UE4-AnswerHub(1) about downloading the docker image of Unreal Engine following the Unreal documentation (2) but got on answer.

I am wondering if the image actually exist. When I check:

docker pull ghcr.io/epicgames/unreal-engine:dev-4.27

I get “manifest unknow”. And when I check GitHub Packages pages for EpicGames

Packages · Epic Games · GitHub

I get “EpicGames can’t publish packages”. So, does the package exists or have I got a permission issue. I don’t have any issue in accessing UnrealEngine’s github repo and I have created a personal token: got documentation step 4, completed successfully.

Has anyone successfully downloaded a Development image or a Runtime Image from Epic? Any suggestion to help me solve the problem?

Thank you.

PS: if this is not a good place to post this question, let me know where to ask it.

(1) Container: pulling prebuilt returns “unknow manifest” - UE4 AnswerHub (unrealengine.com)(https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/1048353/container-pulling-prebuilt-renders-unknow-manifest.html)

(2) Containers Quick Start | Unreal Engine Documentation(Containers Quick Start | Unreal Engine Documentation)

1 Like

I also want to use the official docker images and have the same issue. The container repository ‘ghcr.io/epicgames/unreal-engine’ mentioned in the documentation does not exist. According to Github the Epic Games account does not even support the container repository. Hopefully it is just a permission issue Configuring a package's access control and visibility - GitHub Docs

Could someone from Epic comment on this please. Is the container repository real?