Epic's GPUlightmass

That depends… For example, I got 2060 SUPER because for anything else I’d need to get new PSU. And for 30xx I’d also need new CPU (and mobo) to not be CPU bound. Not everyone can just get 30xx, plug it and run with it.

I Hape Big Problem … I need Help …
after i Build light with gpulightmass official a tray to pakage android …
but i found i big problem
this is the one of many error …
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Ensure condition failed: TextureData.Layers.Num() == 1 [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/TextureDerivedDataTask.cpp] [Line: 262]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Texture VirtualTexture0_1 has 1 layers bu VirtualTexturing is not enabled, only layer0 will be availiable
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): LogInit: Display: LogOutputDevice: Error: Stack:

i am in Dead Line … and i dont know what i shoud Do

if your bound by that much… its time to get a new computer. Your asking for things that need power behind them to work for something that is weak.

It seems that displacement is no supported in the new GPU Lightmass. Objects cast shadows on meshes that are displaced by a material and appear above the shadow casting object (as if displacement is not being considered). Is this an upcoming feature?

If i understand right then Displacement itself is history soon.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/announcements-and-releases/1838621-unreal-engine-4-26-released?p=1840244#post1840244

any help here … i have problem with gpulightmass official when i try to pakage android

I hope not. Although tessellation and displacement are two different things. Displacement is used for other purposes without tessellation.

cant even build lighting with cpu lightmass if you have a tesselation shader now. It crashes the editor.

I have a project that uses several tessellated materials and they don’t cause crashes (I was experiencing memory allocation crashes during denoising but I might have solved it by increasing the virtual memory on my Windows 10 system). The only issue I have is that displacement is not being considered by the GPU Lightmass raytracing. I found somewhere else in the forums that apparently the new GPU Lightmass internally uses the Path Tracer, which might explain why displacement is not being used since the Path Tracer doesn’t support it either.

i meant it crashes with the cpu build-> build texture streaming… portion of the build for cpu lightmass when you have a tesselation shader…

Gpu lightmass however is still too limited when you only have 128 light limit.

Is the new GPU Lightmass not working properly with runtime virtual textures? I’m using RVTs in my materials for blending assets to the ground, and in full raytraced movable lighting mode, both the lighting and blending looks great, but when using static lightning and baking it with the new GPU Lightmass, the lighting doesn’t blend and seams appear at the intersection. See the screenshots below. The rock’s geometry is intersecting and extending below the ground.

Raytraced:

GPU Lightmass:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/core/image/gif;base64

Change the lightmap res. Try again and share the results please.

Lightmap resolution was already set a bit on the high side, at least according to the Lightmap Density visualization (which by the way, I have to switch my project to DX11 for that visualization to work, otherwise it crashes the engine). I increased it further so most of it is well in the red, and re-baked. This is what I got:

This is red previous is red maybe change and use the low res lightmap

@virtualHC Are you using denoiser? Try disabling it.

Same results, just noisier:

Does it work with CPU lightmass if you disable lightmap virtual textures?

I’d read in the RVT thread that RVT doesn’t work with streaming virtual textures. That in mind… I don’t know, maybe it is related to the fact that GPU lightmass requires streaming virtual textures for lightmaps to be enabled.

I haven’t tried with CPU Lightmass, although I did attempt once but aborted it since it was taking too long (will try again at lower quality). RVT are working fine in the same project with dynamic and raytraced light. Texture streaming is off in my project but I will give it a try with virtual texture lightmaps disabled (which is optional for GPU Lightmass).

Not really relevant as raytraced/dynamic lights do not store their lighting information in lightmaps.

Texture streaming is not the same as streaming virtual textures.

Ah! Quite confusing. I get it after reading the documentation ( Streaming Virtual Texturing in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation ). I was bringing up the fact that they render correctly in realtime in case RVTs had anything to do with texture streaming. Not sure if it’s any relevant but turning off Virtual Texture Lightmaps didn’t fix the problem.