EpicGamesLauncher is broke!

The launcher has not been working properly for Windows 7/64 users after a late Dec/early Jan update. Users have been having issues for 5+ weeks now with no response from support. My launcher will not even open properly which means I have no access to my files on your platform or the store. I already reinstalled the launcher and the problem came right back. Please get someone on fixing this.

Here is a link to the original thread: Prgram cant start cause api-ms-win-downlevel-kernal32 blah blah dll is missing - Feedback for Unreal Engine team - Unreal Engine Forums

I cannot play the Launcher, we are not in the game thread.:frowning:

[2021.02.21-03.56.05:290][130]LogThreadingWindows: Error: Runnable thread FCommunityPortalEnumerateInstalledRunnable crashed.
[2021.02.21-03.56.05:290][130]LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
[2021.02.21-03.56.05:290][130]LogWindows: Error:
[2021.02.21-03.56.05:290][130]LogWindows: Error: Assertion failed: IsInGameThread() [File:D:\Build\++Portal+Release-Live+Compile\Sync\Portal\Source\Programs\EpicGamesLauncher\Layers\DataAccess\Public\CommunityPortalAppManagerSingleton.h] [Line: 27]
[2021.02.21-03.56.05:290][130]LogWindows: Error: [Callstack] 0x000007fefcc8be0d KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction ]

There are Epic staff still following the forums, though just because we are ‘pinged’ doesn’t always mean we have a valuable response or solution to provide.

I am sorry to hear you are having challenges with the launcher. The launcher is undoubtedly an important application towards the use of Unreal Engine, though issues/feedback with it does largely fall outside the scope of these forums for the Engine, and many staff on here who’s sole focus is the Engine. For launcher issues, please refer here: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US…er-support-c82 - there is a “Contact Us” button at the bottom of the page. This will contact the support team responsible for the launcher (aka the ‘store’) who will assist and/or share issues with the development team. If you have already contacted them, thanks. You are welcome to still share launcher feedback here on these Unreal Engine forums, and it can help with our (Engine staff’s) visibility into matters we wouldn’t otherwise be aware of, but we may not have solutions or feedback to provide.

If the launcher remains a bottleneck for Unreal Engine use, I may recommend trying to work with source code from Github. Though I certainly recognize this doesn’t help in all areas, such as with the Marketplace.

Regards

I want to echo Stephen. We logged this problem after the previous forum post surfaced and I’ve followed up with the launcher team to get it resolved.

Yes, the store TOS/EULA should be helping here, and as long as the launcher is malfunctioning, people are unable to access the purchased digital content, so we can assume the company is proably breaching the terms of the contracts we both accept earlier. I am no lawyer to make this statement any clear, but i will probably ask one about this case.

The launcher is working again after the latest patch. Thank you.