"EpicGamesLauncher has stopped working"

Hello, I just went to download UE4 yesterday, and as soon as I downloaded and installed initial launcher file, I was greeted with this error message.

“EpicGamesLauncher has stopped working. A problem caused program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify you if a solution is available.”

Needless to say it was rather unwanted. Sometimes it crashes immediately. Others when I click on Unreal Engine tab of launcher. Please, I really need to fix this. Id post a launch report if I could, but for some reason those files are not anywhere to be found on my computer, at least not anywhere Ive looked.

Thanks

Zack

Hi Zack,

Please take a look at our Launcher Troubleshooting Guide and see if anything there helps:

If not, please and attach your dxdiag and launcher logs, as described in guide. Thanks!

Already tried every option from troubleshooting page. Nothing helped. I can get dxdiag, (but I have DX11 so theres that) but how do I get launcher logs?

link text

I think this is log you need, but im not positivelink text

This recent crash with Epic Games Launcher has become a commonly reported issue. In order to focus our support efforts and consolidate information, we are going to close this post and redirect to following location:

Epic Game Launcher crash - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

We will review information already provided here, and please feel free to add additional information to linked post.

Thanks for your help and your patience while we work to resolve this issue.