Epic you've had enough time. Fix this.

You’ll feel really good after making this right.

How long has this been in the engine for?

About 19 major versions. I can’t remember when it didn’t do this.

It may have something to do with high DPI scaling. If someone with a regular DPI screen such as 1920x1080 can confirm whether or not it happens to them that would be nice.

It’s present in 1920x1200 and 2560x1080. And yes, it’s been acting up a wee bit since I can remember. Off-screen spline tangents are not calculated correctly? Adding reroute nodes mitigates this behaviour.

I feel so OCD adding reroute nodes along an otherwise straight path though.

It seems like it’s an optimization that doesn’t take into account wires where the upstream node isn’t on screen.

I did notice this as well, I’ll have a look this week if I can fix this.

It’s horrible.

In fact, they dismissed it when i mentioned it in answerhub bug section, just because i didn’t respond quickly. Resolved my ■■■.

It mainly happens with combinations of windows hdpi scaling and widget reflector, though i’ve had it a few times with 100 % windows and widget reflector 1

I don’t seem to be able to reproduce with some of the blueprints that I made. Would anyone be willing to share theirs in which this happens in order for me to have a look into what could be causing it?

This happens with any longer pin connection. Array Nodes or any other node that has a variable height (Sequence, Multiply, Add etc) cause wobbling of node connections when they are not rendered.

So of all the things they could work on, this is it? This is what you want them to spend time on? Wow. How about you act like a man and use C++.

And Yet you titled the topic:

All I’m saying is mens men, particularly those who wear braces and hats use C++.

Go for a long wire that spans multiple widths of screen and then pan to the right. It’ll snap to anchor to the top left extents of the blueprint graph every time. Or does in my case anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/zM90PZ8.png

https://i.imgur.com/O9CHbD8.png

Wat for is wrong w/ title? I dun geddit.

OMGawd Noooo… !!!

this is absolutely horrible, we can’t let this line dancing continue!

who cares if the editor crashes or not… Who Cares!

this line dancing must stop! NOW !

lol, sorry but ‘this’ ^^^ made me laugh… lol

it looks more fun to watch than an actual problem. ya’ll sure this isn’t a feature? maybe a dev got bored? :rolleyes:

gl with this o/

I always bring out the sub-1000 weirdos. I was born with this ability.

It’s actually not the line wobbling alone…

The whole bluescript editor needs some work.

I like the basic layout and all that, but there is so much more possible, and there are lots of incosistencies, like not being able to reorder fucntions etc…

Concerning the graph drawing itself… Sure they can do much better.
I mean… they can make the engine render hyper realistic cars composited in real time… but can’t render straight edges. lol.

I can’t stand the edges not being able to be straight with some nodes.

This is a bit off topic, and a feature request, but if they gone solve this wobbling, they could as well do it right…

Been thinking a bit a bit about this… They made a few decisions early on on how to draw the graphs that can be done better.

The main thing it comes down to is actually very simple !

They align nodes…

What if the drawing is redone to align PINs instead !

So, all pins are always on the grid.

that, and a few changes to some node pin layouts, and the problem is fixed !

straight edges in all zoom levels !

In fact, yes, given how much time you spend in blueprint editor, if you use it.

I would very much like to see lines auto-tidying themselves on creation and node movement. This might be something I could work on if I ever find time.

If.
Majority does work on BP only for Design, not for serious development.

Real developers don’t think C++ is the only path to serious development. Real developers use C++ for what C++ is used for and blueprints for what blueprints are used for. Anything else is ego-based self-deception. I’ve certainly seen some developers kill their project with this “C++ is the only way” mindset. Welcome to not releasing a game or missing out on features due to a workload that is countered by using the right tool for the right job.

That argument needs to die.

On top of that there are plenty of valid scenarios to maintain a blueprint-only project, such as iOS development on Windows. Not everyone has a Mac handy for prototyping a game idea.

In fact, if you have a problem with blueprints then perhaps you have a problem with frameworks. Perhaps you have a bad case of not-invented-here thinking. Perhaps you think that developers who don’t write their own graphics presentation layer from the ground up aren’t serious developers. Because there’s guys like that and they’re massive red flags for the health of their project. I looked at a job vacancy today that read “you will be replacing a lead developer who basically created the entire framework we use” and thought haha yeah ■■■■ no. Only bad developers think they can do a better job of reinventing the wheel.

But that’s not what this thread is about. We’re not here to argue with never-know-betters.