Download

Epic you've had enough time. Fix this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LQrhgKzKPQ

You’ll feel really good after making this right.

How long has this been in the engine for?

About 19 major versions. I can’t remember when it didn’t do this.

It may have something to do with high DPI scaling. If someone with a regular DPI screen such as 1920x1080 can confirm whether or not it happens to them that would be nice.

It’s present in 1920x1200 and 2560x1080. And yes, it’s been acting up a wee bit since I can remember. Off-screen spline tangents are not calculated correctly? Adding reroute nodes mitigates this behaviour.

I feel so OCD adding reroute nodes along an otherwise straight path though.

It seems like it’s an optimization that doesn’t take into account wires where the upstream node isn’t on screen.

I did notice this as well, I’ll have a look this week if I can fix this.

Reminds me of the Zoomed-Out-Comment-Bubbles-From-Hell ‘feature’. That took a long time to get addressed too…
Epic don’t share BP, just Twitch streams. Maybe they have a different internal custom Graph, so don’t see this stuff?

Reminds me of the Zoomed-Out-Comment-Bubbles-From-Hell ‘feature’. That took a long time to get addressed too…
Epic don’t share BP, just Twitch streams. Maybe they have a different internal custom Graph, so don’t see this stuff?

It’s horrible.

In fact, they dismissed it when i mentioned it in answerhub bug section, just because i didn’t respond quickly. Resolved my ass.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/577213/bug-curved-drawing-of-straight-blueprint-connectio.html

It mainly happens with combinations of windows hdpi scaling and widget reflector, though i’ve had it a few times with 100 % windows and widget reflector 1

I don’t seem to be able to reproduce with some of the blueprints that I made. Would anyone be willing to share theirs in which this happens in order for me to have a look into what could be causing it?

This happens with any longer pin connection. Array Nodes or any other node that has a variable height (Sequence, Multiply, Add etc) cause wobbling of node connections when they are not rendered.

Just to add: Zoom In / Out is also a big factor in how bad or ok, it looks overall.
Same goes for Auto-Node-Resizing using Zoom In / Out, that also needs work.
Examples: Delay, Append, SetLocation nodes etc with Sweep+Split-Struct-Pin…

So of all the things they could work on, this is it? This is what you want them to spend time on? Wow. How about you act like a man and use C++.

@duke22

Concerned Epic will prioritize OP’s suggestion over more important things? It doesn’t work that way…
Max Gmpreussner gives a pretty good insight into how things work internally @ Epic here and here.

How does C++ figure here, you’re saying the OP should go into source and fix this on their own???
The thing is many game devs have to wear multiple hats, so that’s not always practical or even wise…

@duke22

Concerned Epic will prioritize OP’s suggestion over more important things? It doesn’t work that way…
Max Gmpreussner gives a pretty good insight into how things work internally @ Epic here and here.

How does C++ figure here, you’re saying the OP should go into source and fix this on their own???
The thing is many game devs have to wear multiple hats, so that’s not always practical or even wise…

And Yet you titled the topic:

All I’m saying is mens men, particularly those who wear braces and hats use C++.

Go for a long wire that spans multiple widths of screen and then pan to the right. It’ll snap to anchor to the top left extents of the blueprint graph every time. Or does in my case anyway.

Wat for is wrong w/ title? I dun geddit.

OMGawd Noooo… !!!

this is absolutely horrible, we can’t let this line dancing continue!

who cares if the editor crashes or not… Who Cares!

this line dancing must stop! NOW !

lol, sorry but ‘this’ ^^^ made me laugh… lol

it looks more fun to watch than an actual problem. ya’ll sure this isn’t a feature? maybe a dev got bored? :rolleyes:

gl with this o/

I always bring out the sub-1000 weirdos. I was born with this ability.