Epic,please fix the search button on the archived UDK forums

https://forums.epicgames.com/udk

Tried it on edge, firefox and chrome and is definitely broken.(most probably a simple fix but just wanted to let you know guys)

They are currently making changes to the search engine on other pages as well so that may be why it has stopped working.

Moving this thread to the Feedback section to make sure Epic sees this.

Hey man :wink:
Yeah, noticed lack of staff recently.I strongly belive they will fix it as they always do.But it will be a matter ¨¨X amount¨¨ of time.

Heyo,

I just tried to search on the UDK forums and found results. What are you seeing?

Thanks,

@ I am searching the old UDK archived forums and able to get results. For example, I searched Cloth Simulation in the search box and was able to return 152 results, in the link you included above.

Still the same here on latest firefox,edge and older chrome.Im not sure how you are getting those search results.

Roger that! Thanks all. I’ve sent this over to some folks!

I also hope that the search button on the archived UDK forums ( UDK Forums Update - UDK Content Creation and Design - Epic Developer Community Forums ) will be fixed.
I use ‘Google’ mainly to find materials for my UDK project. But ‘Google’ search puts stress on me. ‘Google’ is inconvenient to search using options such as keyword, data type, and date range. ‘Google’ search is much more inconvenient than forums because it does not have many features.

@ I haven’t been on the UDK forums lately, but they definitely should fix it.

I use Google for finding everything now. But Google automatically associates UDK with Unreal Engine 4, and so whenever I Google anything, most of my results are irrelevant UE4 posts. After mucking through the UE4 posts, I am sometimes able to find what I’m looking for.

search goes to advanced search and then resets every time I enter any information.

UDK search engine workaround (I think?)

Hi people how are you? I “think” I can see where the problem is and I hope that someone from UDK can see this post and fix the problem.

Now, if you search from this address: UDK - Epic Games Forums you will only get a advanced search page load if your looking for something. Naturally you would expect to have a heap of results here because it is in the UDK forums section.
But if you search from this address: https://forums.unrealengine.com/ you will find the results you are looking for. I could be wrong but it has worked for me. Can anyone verify this?

Thanks!..

(Special thanks to O_and_N for contacting me about this problem!)

Thanks mate, I understand now a little clearer. :rolleyes: I did do a number of searches using the method that I posted earlier and actually found some “old UDK posts” so that is why I was a little confused.

Unfortunately this confusion is getting none of us any closer to finding an answer on how to fix this but at least your post explains everything in better detail.
Now we need some moderator from the forums to take a closer look at the problem “urgently”. They are certainly taking their time since the last post from Kalvothe was 12-13 days ago?
I have emailed a “ticket” to try and get more attention on this and if possible Kalvothe could you follow this up for us somehow please?

Thanks.

Use “site:” when searching on google.com. For example “cloth site:forums.epicgames.com/udk”

Yep, that worked for me. Since I am currently looking for multiplayer info I typed in: multiplayer tutorial site:forums.epicgames.com/udk

Thanks BGX_botman! Good workaround! Though, it still would be nice for someone from EPIC to fix their broken website.

So far I can see all they care about is $$ Fortnite! $$

Yep, the “site” trick does help.Not pretty but is still something since Epic doesnt want to fix the search option…

Now even the udn documentation is down since a few days

https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Thr…Reference.html

I think someone responsible need to have a serious talk with the people from the web team.
What is happening here is far from professional atitude.