Epic Picks / Feature on Discover / island map submission

I submitted my map for epic picks 2 weeks ago as I am part of the Island Creator Program, but I got approved for Support-A-Creator Program 1 week ago. I received an email from Epic Games saying my application was received for “Epic Picks / Feature”, and that they will get back to me. Since then I added changed and updated the map.

How long usually until i receive another emailed response to see if it is being reviewed? Do I need to resubmit my original application form again to get featured on discover?

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Welcome to Creative!

Approval for Discovery

Once you have successfully submitted your private map code for content review and have received a confirmation (blue) email indicating its approval for Discovery, it signifies that your map is eligible to appear in Discovery, provided it remains in a listed state.

Epic Picks
Epic picks can take a bit more time before you receive a response. So it is not recommended to re-submit a map that you have not received a response for yet.
You can, however, consider submitting a new map, while you wait on the responses for the ones you have not received a response for yet. I believe you are able to submit a new map once a week!

Get tips on how to make your maps feature worthy!

Good luck on your submission!

All the best
Dragon

2 Likes

Thank you Dragon! You are so amazing!
Another question…

It has not reached Discover page on fortnite even though it is listed, and do you have any tips to get it into discover page on fortnite after it is listed? If it has been 24 hours after publish public listed status, does that mean it will not reach discover page on fortnite ever?

And while i am waiting for epic picks response, is it okay to publish updates in the meantime while i wait?

Here are the details of my map…

FCHQ Link:
https://fchq.io/map/8436-5545-3010

HOT LAVA ZONEWARS :volcano: VOLCANO ERUPTION​:fire:
ZoneWars Map by Bubblebunz

An Immersive Jaw-Dropping Immaculate Zone Wars and Vibrant Exploration Experience.

:volcano:BEWARE! RISING LAVA!
:coin:Drop-In & Load Up with Rewarding Loot Areas and A Coral Cove Vault!
:ring_buoy:The safest place for survival is high ground!
:trophy:Last Solo Standing Player Wins!
:white_check_mark:Each player is ranked on the number of eliminations!

:sparkling_heart:FAVORITE THIS MAP AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS :sparkling_heart:
Creator🌋Bubblebunz💥Map Code: 8436-5545-3010

p.s. I watch all your videos and am a HUGE fan. I have watched the “How to Submit a Feature-Worthy Fortnite Creative Map” Video of yours frequently and it is very helpful. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

So glad that it helped and thank you for the kind words!
Much appreciated!

To answer your question below:

Yes, it is ok to update your map after it has been submitted to Epic Picks. :+1:

1 Like

Keep on updating! Epic tries to give every map an opportunity, and you can get into discovery with a high enough retention.

2 Likes

unfortunately I was unable to reach the discover page or epic picks. I have been promoting and marketing like crazy. Unfortunately there are no players because I do not have enough players.

I guess that generic maps like zonewars won’t get into epic’s picks :man_shrugging: