Epic Games Launcher working fine, UE4 is dead though

Okay, so I downloaded the Epic Games Launcher (Excitedly might I add) Then proceeded to download UE4 (Again, Excitedly). Then I spent the next 4 hours trying to figure out wtf just happened. Now I gave up and here I am. So my problem is that I can launch to the Unreal Project Browser, then sometimes I can choose a template sometimes I can’t, and whenever I click something the Project Browser has a seizure and sits there like a lifeless corpse no matter what I do. I’ve tried starting it multiple ways and each one had no difference, It’s not crashing, just freezing for 15-30 minutes and I usually wait about 10 minutes before shutting off my computer and thinking about throwing it out the window. As I was typing this I just tried it again and what do ya know
it crashed…
Best part about this one is sometimes when I press one of the templates it opens a second project browser with that template selected and now we have TWO lifeless corpses on my screen that I can’t close or minimize without using the task manager or just shutting off my laptop. Now they BOTH crashed and I’ve sent two very different crash reports ^-^ But anyway, can anyone help me out here. this is kinda annoying.

Hey Konekogami,

In order to assist you better, would you be able to provide me with your dxdiag ? You can obtain them by searching for ‘dxdiag’ in the search menu from your Windows start bar. Run that program and save all information as a .txt file. Once you’ve done that, simply upload it to your next reply and I’ll take a look at that and see if that’s causing the issue.

Also, would you mind providing me with the machine or Epic ID that’s provided when your engine crashes? That way I’ll be able to locate the crash that you’ve submitted previously?

Looking forward to hearing back from you, thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey Konekogami,

I have not heard from you since your initial post and for that reason, I must mark this question as resolved at this time. However, if you’re still running into this specific issue and you need some additional assistance, please do not hesitate to reply back and we’ll assist you further.

Thank you and have a nice day!