Epic games launcher stuck on "please wait" at login

Hi there,

Epic Games Launcher suddently going beyond “PLEASE WAIT” at login. Log:

Please don’t post log directly to question, because such posts usually get auto moderated and not to mention it’s hard to read the log. Please post log again inside text file.

I am having the same issue… This is happening after the update of the Launcher. It is not working any other computer and also i tried with multiple accounts, but nothing is working at the moment. Either the launcher has a bug or the servers are down.

Hey everyone,

First, try the steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, then follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs and post them here, along with your Dxdiag (system specs).

Theimpossible3d,

I’m sorry that your logs were deleted. Please repost them and we will continue troubleshooting.

Please can you also try adding the following as an exception on your firewall, thanks.

xmpp-service-prod.ol.epicgames.com port 5222

Andrew

Hi everyone,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that abrown mentioned above. Then post back here with the requested info.

Cheers,

TJ

I am having a similar issue, I know how to add a port as a exception but I’m not sure about that writing, thanks :slight_smile:

I had the same issue on Windows 10.
It fixed itself when I downloaded and opened the Epic Games Launcher Installer again,
and selected Repair instead of Remove or Install.

Hope that helps.