Close it down, then open it again. Problem solved! :slight_smile:

Steps to reproduce:

Epic Games Launcher Version 10.3.2

1. Launch Epic Games Launcher on the Mac OS X. I’m using OSX 10.14.5
  2. Open “Unreal Engine” page
  3. Leave it for few hours, days or weeks
  4. Check process using Activity Monitor

Launcher leaks heavily.

I know you are joking, but there are a lot of issues with Launcher, it freezes, crashes and leaks. Fixing leaks may also mitigate other issues.

Don’t forget that to Windows users, like most people are, being able to go for weeks on end without having to reboot is just witchcraft.

Hi Mclamer,

I just wanted to get a few more pieces of info from you to help us track the issue down.

1.) Was the app “open” the whole time, as in not minimized to the dock.
2.) What items do you have installed, a general description is fine detail is not required. e.g. a few engines x number of vault cache items, a few games etc etc. I’m trying to get an idea of your use pattern.
3.) Was it the unreal engine home screen i.e. Unreal Engine->Unreal Engine. Rather than the learn tab for instance.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Hi MrMcBarnabas,

Thank you for looking into this.

1. The App is “open”, not minimized.
  2. I have single engine installed, 4.22.3. No games. The Vault is 12.4GB large, mostly free content from EPIC giveaways, number of sample project and my learn projects. I don’t think I have something special here.
  3. The active screen is Unreal Engine->Unreal Engine. But I have visited Learn and Marketplace tabs for sure.

I also noticed that EpicGamesLauncher-Mac-Shipping heavy spams system log. It lists my processes and adds few thousand lines per second to the log. I have sampled Launcher process and noticed that it spends significant amount of time in FRunningAppService:CleanRunningApps() in your Tick handler.

Hope this helps.

10.3.2 - 7476559+++Portal+Release-Live. I see that 10.3.3. available if you want I can update to check if issues were resolved

Can you confirm what version of the launcher you’re on.
Its listed at the bottom of the settings window.

I would in general recommend updating, however I don’t think its fixed in 10.3.3. I took the findings to the team and they were already working to track it down due to some internal reports. Thank you for bringing this to our attention though, as we cannot always rely on someone internally hitting the same issue. A future release will undoubtedly fix the issue as we take memory leaks very seriously, however I cannot promise how quickly we will be able to track down the cause.

Same on Windows 10 latest build(s). Launcher wasn’t opened, just in dock.

290601-annotation-2019-10-21-114948.jpg

Same issue here on Game Launcher 10.17.3. This is ridiculous.

Hey Jason,
This is an old thread, its likely that whatever issue at the time has since been resolved. Could you please detail the exact steps you’re following and your current status regarding downloaded content etc.

The questions that were asked originally would still be useful to know:

1.) Was the app “open” the whole time, as in not minimized to the dock.

2.) What items do you have installed, a general description is fine detail is not required. e.g. a few engines x number of vault cache items, a few games etc etc. I’m trying to get an idea of your use pattern.

3.) Was it the unreal engine home screen i.e. Unreal Engine->Unreal Engine. Rather than the learn tab for instance.