Epic Games Launcher - Launching to other machines

Hello Fellow Unreal friends,

Today we experienced an interesting phenomenon.
Preface: we work in a virtual production studio that has multiple machines on the same network, at times we do use Multi-User to collaborate on projects but the following situation occurred sans-multi-user.

Situation:
Created a new project, tried to open Epic Games Launcher. We wanted to add some content from the marketplace to the new project.

First attempt of opening Launcher was via stand alone app shortcut on my desktop, this did nothing at all.

So, we tried to open the UnrealMarketplace through UE5 editor interface instead. When we did this, it did indeed open a marketplace window, however, this window appeared on an entirely different machine.

We repeated this process after closing the unwanted window, and this time it moved to a second-different machine, and then a third-different machine, and then a fourth. After that it kept appearing on the fourth machine repeatedly. (note: the first and second machine were part of our render nodes that were running a separate project)

We replicated this phenomenon by closing the project on the original machine, and then opening the same project on a different machine. Attempting again to open via the Editor interface, and again, it opened the marketplace on a separate machine. We were able to replicate it again one more machine. The only time it did not happen was when no other machine in the room had Unreal open. Then and only then, did it open on the machine that initiated the button click.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?

Note: The Epic Games accounts were not logged into except for one machine (the fourth separate machine mentioned above).

Hey FSStudioV1,

I had the exact same thing happen to me.

I had two separate laptops open on my desk.

On the one I was working on I had a project open and wanted to open the marketplace in the launcher, therefore I went to open the Marketplace via the button in the editor of UE4.

The epic games launcher opened, but it opened on my other laptop.

The accounts on the laptops are signed into different emails on Epic Games. And the only thing that can be considered the same on them is the fact that they are both connected to the same internet.

Apart from that the machines were 100% not connected to each other.

It was a very weird thing to experience, and has left me confused to how it was possible to have it open on my other machine.

I could close the launcher, and then open it again via the other laptop consistently, so it definitely wasn’t an occurrence of good timing.

Hopefully backing up your phenomenon with another similar encounter will give more credit to your claims.