Epic Games Launcher eating gigabytes of memory anf constantly refreshing

Already had ticket open with Epic about this, but the support was just repeating same instructions over and over and things did not improve.
Cleared caches multiple times, send log files from the Epic Launcher and information about my PC, etc.

This might have been happening long time but just recently discovered.

If i just leave Epiec Games Launcher sitting in the background it silently keeps eating up gigabytes of system memory for no reason.
Leave it open in background for an hour and it eats whoping over 4Gb of system memory.
Also if i leave it open foreground it just keeps refreshing itself every 20 seconds, the view i’m in (viewing a game or just start page), and every time it refreshes the memory usage goes up 50-200Mb and never goes down.
If i’m viewing a game page and watching trailer the trailer never gets to finish because the page refreshes itself automatically.

This is a clear bug in Epic Launcher and needs to be resolved.
This has been discussed in another forums like Reddit multiple times for a long time, and one reason for this is usage of VPN.
But “do not use VPN” is not an answer.
All other game marketplaces (Steam, GOG, Blizzard launcher, etc.) do not have this issue and you can use VPN with them.

Epic developers need to revise the code so that you can use VPN with Epic Launcher.