Epic Games Launcher Downloading Issue

Hello there guys, I just want to ask if what is happening to my Epic Games Launcher.

Whenever I download sample contents from the Unreal Engine Learn Tab, I somehow noticed that when I look at the progress of my download that sometimes it goes up and sometimes it goes down. What I mean by going up and down is that let’s say the progress of my download is 659 mb / 2.4gb and when I took look on it again it suddenly goes down to 650 mb/ 2.4gb. Yes this is pretty much weird because I don’t think it’s possible for a download to go down.

This only happens when I download sample content that Epic Games is uploading in the Learn tab but it doesn’t happen when I download the engine itself or Paragon. It only happens to sample projects.

Hope this gets solved.

Yeah, thats what ping rates are. Maybe you should learn more about internet. Every time you download something it does that so yeah.

Wait are you talking about you’re download/upload rate, buddy that happens with any type of program. If it still works then your fine.

no no what I mean is that the overall downloaded data if you check the Content Examples in the picture above, it’s 669 mb right? a while ago it was 679mb. it suddenly decreased without me noticing.

wait wait I know these things but maybe you don’t understand me that well. I was referring to the total downloaded data. Ok to make it in layman’s term, So I downloaded a 2.4 GB sample project from Unreal and it’s already 3 days but still my downloaded isn’t yet finished. I downloaded the engine itself and it only took me 3 hours and the file size of UE4.12.5 is almost 4.7GB it’s quite impossible that a 2.4GB file will take longer to download compared to a 4.7GB right? :slight_smile:

I’ll take that as a plausible answer. Thanks for the information.

Thats not the launchers fault thats your internet provider’s fault.