Epic Games Launcher: Different UI??

Hello, has anyone ever seen Epic Games Launcher download with this updated UI? I am helping a student download UE which I have done a handful of times but I have never seen it download like this. I am unable to find UE tabs with in this UI and I was wondering if anyone was able to help.

Hey, @ttohaver!

Do you think you could give a full shot of the entire window? I haven’t seen this before, and I uninstalled/reinstalled the launcher to see if it was new to today- it is not, at least not for Windows 10 and there is nothing in today’s patch notes about it. What it looks like is a version of the launcher that exclusively has access to the Epic Games Store.

Could you get us a shot of the whole window? I may be able to look a little deeper into this, I haven’t seen this before, I can’t even find this on a reverse Google image search but that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t official. Get that to us and I’m sure I can help you get it figured out!

2 Likes

This looks like some mobile view shenanigans? Can you somehow locate Settings, there’s an option there to update and restart in case an update is pending.

1 Like

Hi @ttohaver
This picture shows the way that Epic Launcher now loads. The page you have is waiting the the rotating game show case and frozen trying to load the new window this can be fixed by clicking Unreal engine and then clicking the FAB Store as indicated in the picture below

1 Like

Awesome thank you so much. I dont know why I didnt think of it but it appears when the screen is not fullscreen for this student it hides away all the tabs on that side.

1 Like

You’re comment really helped as well as the one below you. It made me think about why it looked like it was on mobile. So from what I can tell, with their settings, when the screen is minimized all tabs disappear and are unable to be clicked or seen but can be in fullscreen. I checked with my older version of Epic Games Launcher it is just the newer version that cannot be minimized with certain settings. Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.