Epic Games Launcher Crash With This Error Code

Please help me solve this problem, i’ve been trying several way to fix it but always comes to a dead end, have been figthing with this crash for almost 2 month, please i just want to open a game launcher not to edit a github and many other things just to be able to open a freaking game launcher, thankyou before for whoever reads, answering and giving me solution for this problems

You can simply open the unreal editor by PathToUnreal\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe. This method does not require the use of epic games launcher.

I’m having the exact same issue. My issue started yesterday. I can not any longer get the launcher to open. In reference to your screenshot, I get this in error log:

Assertion failed: IsValid() [File:d:\build\++portal+release-live+compile\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\Templates/SharedPointer.h] [Line: 851]

EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
EpicGamesLauncher
kernel32
ntdll

I am having the same problem. Unable to find a resolution.

Figured this out. I had to go into my anti-virus program and add an exception for the Epic Games folder. The launcher works fine now.

I eventually resolved this issue by using Revo Uninstaller. These are the steps I needed to take to make it work again.

• Uninstall Epic Games Launcher with Revo
  • remove/delete all residual files and registry keys with Revo after the Uninstall completes (if you don’t do this, the issue will persist)
  • Install and run Ccleaner for a registry clean (this step might be optional, but I always run it anyways to clear anything extra out that might’ve been missed)
  • Reboot Computer
  • Reinstall Epic Games Launcher
  • Re-Add all games back to the launcher (which is a PITA)

To re-add your installed games to the launcher, follow these steps

• Go to the directory your games are installed in with File Explorer
  • Rename each game folder one by one. I just Added a “1” to the end of the name. For example, I renamed the folder “Borderlands3” to “Borderlands31”
  • In the Epic Games Launcher, select one of your games that you already installed, and click “install”
  • Cancel the installation. You’ll see in File Explorer that Epic has recreated the folder (so now you’ll have a folder named “Borderlands3” and “Borderlands31”).
  • Rename your original pre-existing game folder back to the original name (or the new folder name Epic Games gave it)
  • Allow it to merge folders (Note: If it doesn’t allow you to merge, move the files there instead)
  • Go back to Epic Games Launcher, and “Resume” the installation. Epic Games launcher will then “verify” the files rather than re-downloading everything. It’ll take a while either way, though.
  • Continue to do this for each game you have (I told you it was a PITA)

I managed to make the process a little quicker by getting a queue going. I basically followed the steps above for the first game, then while the first game was verifying, I started a queue of installing the others. When you click install, it creates the directory right then, but doesn’t start it’s process until the first one finishes. So I just started merging folders while they were in queue to be installed, and that took care of the rest of them without the need to babysit each game. You still have to rename and merge each individual game folder though - so if you have a big library like I do, expect to set aside a decent amount of time to complete this…

1 Like