Epic Games Account Support == Fortnite-only now?

I know this isn’t the right place for it…but it’s getting to be ridiculous…

So, the basics here. I just wanted to change my email address from my Epic Games Account. Seems like there shouldn’t be any issues. But, when you go to change it (doesn’t matter from where, either Epic Games or Epic Games ) it’s greyed out. With a stop sign cursor.

Okay, that’s cool, whatever, I’ll contact support and have them change it. I vaguely remember having to do this a long time ago, so it shouldn’t have been a problem. Or so I thought…

At first, I was taken aback, I was like WTF… Then I realized that this was sent to “Player Support” after the reply came back that they couldn’t help me:

So of course my first thought was freaking Fortnite again. There was some back and forth, with me trying to get sent to the right person who *COULD *assist me. Let’s just say I was getting a bit testy by this time, as you can read in my reply:

Okay, so whatever, “Player Support” can’t help me…fine. But there’s no “Unreal Engine 4 Developer Support”

This page: Visit Unreal Engine Support for Help and Customer Service - Unreal Engine doesn’t do me any good. But it tells you to use :

Which takes you back to where I had originally started:

Which if you click on Unreal Engine, you are just going to be infinitely looping. So have fun with that.

Anyway, so of course, I double checked that I had properly submitted a ticket…

And I actually sent that in… to get this reply from someone new…

Like seriously… what the heck is going on here. We’ve been asking for a clear distinction between UE4 Dev Accounts and Fortnite Accounts for ages for a great number of reasons. But now…we can’t even get proper support as UE4 devs…

You can’t do that by yourself because they got hacked some time ago.
Some people even had their accounts used for fraudulent purchases at Marketplace…

We temporarily removed the ability for individuals to change the email addresses associated with their accounts due to security concerns. A resolution to this limitation is in the works.

Your issue has been escalated and someone will reach out to you to get your account taken care of. Apologies for the runaround. We’re also working with the support teams to appropriately address supporting UE devs.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Seems like someone’s been in touch already and should be taken care of shortly.

If I could suggest something, maybe at least for now… have separate options for UE4 for Epic Support. Maybe even away from that site completely. But over at the Visit Unreal Engine Support for Help and Customer Service site. Then at the beginning of the Support Ticket, attach a prefix [UE4 Dev] or something. Just so there’s a clear distinction between Fortnite and Unreal Devs.

Thanks.

1 Like

It’s not really a justification but I suppose, seeing the… ahem… stereotypical nature of lost Fortnite posters on these forums, we can only imagine what… hmmm… colorful messages Epic must be swamped with on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I’ve had to deal with the exact same thing & am still waiting to be able to change it… I wonder when they plan to implement the new system. Also it only takes a few seconds to see if we have ever played Fortnite or not… I haven’t so I don’t know why it has to be so difficult to change details.

1 Like

What happened to this temporary change for a resolution? Does temporary now mean over half a year? Seems like Epic Games needs to hire some more staff members to work on this stuff. I’m still waiting to be able to change my email.

1 Like

For years I’ve been trying to change my email on my Fortnite account while still having access on my Xbox which I continually was able to play. Up until 2 weeks ago my entire account was locked and I’ve made 23 attempts to just change my email address. Providing epic games every tiny detail that I am in fact the creator of my account ever sense season 1 back on September 28th, 2017.
But every single time they say the exact same thing that the information is not enough to prove my ownership. I’ve sent hundreds of receipts because I spent over $4,000 on my account and 100+ days in hours.
I feel like there is should be some written rule within their code that shouldn’t allow epic games to get away withholding my access to my own account for which I’ve paid for, or stated within the ownership rights. I mean anything to stop them from pretty much scamming people or at least care about their customers.
There is absolutely no reason for them not to return my account back to me I literally have 7 years of receipts from Microsoft and emails from epic games and Microsoft that should be more than enough to prove my ownership. Even a copy of my drivers license wasn’t enough because my name is the only name associated with my account.