Epic game launcher will not install

The installation will not proceed how many ever times I try. It gets stuck at 10% and sometimes the percentage even goes backward, from 10% to 8 and 9%!!! How is that even possible!?

This installer is a big headache. Why can’t you just give people an offline installer?

From what I see, this issue has been there for a long time and still not fixed. This makes the whole product useless.

What OS are you running on? Did you run the installer as Admin?

I’m running Win 10. Yes, I also tried the troubleshooting, but nothing works.

Also the application keeps getting installed as WIN32 application, but the OS is 64 bit. I wanted it to get installed in Program files folder, but it keeps getting installed in the 32-bit program files x86 folder, after I change the installation path.

Thanks for your help.

I wasn’t helpful at all… There is been a TON of install issues recently (check other AH threads)… There might be something going on. I’ve got the same setup as you and I’m in good shape…

Hi Sarva,

Try the troubleshooting steps in this section of the troubleshooting guide.

If nothing works, follow the steps here to generate your Debug Logs. Post them here, along with your Dxdiag/system specs.

Hi Sarva,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that I mentioned above then post back here with the requested info.

If you need anything else, feel free to ask.