The vault containing your purchased content lacks browsing features. I have a lot of items there (500+) and it has become very difficult to look for the correct content I want to use. There is only an option to search input field and a Filter by Category.
What would help is:
- an option to sort on last purchased
- an option to search on purchased from and date
- more advanced search criteria like when browsing the market place for these items. It contains tag searches as well but the Vault does not have this option.
- option to search for assets INSIDE these assets like e.g. searching on chair gives a list of all items containing a chair. Or search on helmet and you get all assets that has a hat in it, even when it is not in category “Props” but there is a hat in a purchased content labeled category “Environment”. I have lots of purchased content and manually browsing through all of is almost impossible and something the search engine could to better than me by e.g.:
- scanning the content of the sources and indexing it using a full text search engine (either local or accessible on an Epic search server)
- having an option for content creators to type in what assets are in the actual project
- an option to see where the content will be written to when you add it to a project. When the project is big containing 100 packages, it is very difficult to see what directory it was put in. Would be great to see it in the Vault so you do not have to look for it yourself but rather just know where it is in your project when you added it.
Any option to browse through your purchased content would be an improvement.
Thanks for reading until the end,