Every launcher offers this option in 2026. I’m uninstalling Epic Games Launcher until this feature is added. I don’t have much space on my C: drive to install whatever I want. I rely on my other drives for that.
So that didn’t work for me but I did manage to find a work around. In my case, Epic Games launcher was trying to force itself on E: while I wanted it to be on F:
First I tried disconnecting the E: drive thinking it would automatically try F: next but nope, it was still trying to go to E:
To get this to actually work:
Open Disk Management app
2. Right clicked on my F: drive and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths…”
3. “Change” it to whatever letter you need, in my case it would be E:
4. Install Epic Games Launcher, restart PC
5. Change the drive letter back to whatever you had it originally
6. Right click Epic Games Launcher shortcut, go into properties, and change the drive letter in “Target:” and “Start in:” to whatever you selected on step 5
7. Boot it up and it will ask you if it can fix the shortcut, select yes.
After doing all that, the launcher seems to be working fine and I have it in the drive I want to be. Just be careful cuz it’ll default on wanting to download games to that original drive it wanted to but that’s an easy fix.
Thanks a lot Epic Games for making this way more complicated than it needed to be.