EPIC Cheater's Epic Letter from Mom

I think it also has to do with the fact that he publicly showed where to get the cheats - thus, he can be hit with a “distribution of derivative works” charge, which from my understanding makes up the majority of the lawsuit. It isn’t so much that he cheated, it’s that he showed other players how to hack it and where to get the tools.

Also, that mom really has no business saying what Epic can and can’t determine about modifying a game. Creators can pretty easily tell if a game was modified, like for example watching a video of a game being played by a 14-yeard-old and realizing you didn’t put those features in… A+ lawyer work there, mommy!

Well if we are piling on lets add a few sections of the DMCA act. Mommy really needs a layer

This guy REALLY needs a lawyer.

All I could think of when I found out about this was “Result!”.

I’m all for one less cheater :slight_smile:
Bonus if they happen to be one of the many teenagers who apparently spent the night before fornicating with my mother.

Was on the fence before this video, not anymore. Sue away EPIC! Kid needs a lesson.

Speaking from a bit of experience this “kid” is the typical reaction of most or if not all online cheaters as to reasons for their behavior and such behavior is not limited to a set age group.

I suspect that their behavior is reinforced as there are or has been no form of consequences as to risk versus reward that has only compounded their ideology that they are not doing something that is fundamentally wrong.

I’m poking this topic along as it’s an issue that as a developer of a game with an online component has to deal with everyday and “cheating” is no longer a benign pass time it once was with cheater communities popping up and organized in the same manner as a site that supports your favorite games and cheats purchased as if regular DLC.

To sue someone of course is not pleasant but has been a means of settling disputes since the 16th century that does not included physical injury as being the last resort.

there are two types of people or kids.
1: Treat others the way they want to be treated. AKA respect.
2: weighs up the reward vs consequences.

If you have no consequences then type 2 will continue to be a ■■■■■ all his or her life.
So shall we have consequences? or shall we just give them more cuddles and act like simple fools.