Epic acquires Twinmotion

It would make a lot of sense to do that. No estimate on when though.

Any plans for Twinmotion to have retraced reflections?
(slightly OT) Since Twinmotion can read C4D files, with there (soon) be support for C4D files in UE4 as well (i.g. Datasmith)?

If i download and install twinmotion now, and later on when i change my computer (say in december, which by then the free period would be over), will I be able to reinstall the free version again in the new system? Will my account recognize that i had installed previously?

And for my previous question ( see qote below), is there any solution?

Thanks!

or at least import of native UE4 assets from existing projects.

There is any idea about the pricing after the free period?

Twinmotion has a potential to become a great tool, but it is absolutely terrible at the moment. Almost unusable on a Mac. To many crashes, .skp file import crashes as well.
Actually interface is too simple! and not logical. Hope Epic will fix all of these!
Looking forward to see an improvement next release as it does make nice images and video, when it works.

More GI and lighting control, more effects, more animation control, render passes for post !!! , more stable , ability to use assets from marketplace, ability to update a model without loosing all the work you did in Twinmotion. Looks like like a good opportunity to integrate datasmith.

Thank you,

TM is built on 4.19 I think. It will need 4.22/4.23 to get DXR support. I hope it happens before end of 2019.

Datasmith C4D native file import will be in 4.23. Previews in about 6 weeks.

I’m not totally sure of the behavior in December, so I won’t comment on it. All I’m sure of is that what you have downloaded will continue to work.

We do not plan to make a Launcher-less version available except with a special license (that isn’t free). If you think your company needs that, you can let us know.

Nothing has been determined, but the idea would be to focus on adoption and not making price a barrier. What do you think you should pay for it?

What kind of Mac do you have? It works OK on my Macbook Pro. It is sensitive to GPU and RAM considerations, so perhaps you are trying to work with heavier data than your GPU allows? We do know of a problem with SKP importer right now in the free version. I don’t know ETA on the fix.

We have big plans for Twinmotion, but it’s going to take more than “1 release”. I hope you enjoy the journey.

I render animations and Twinmotion is certainly a great addition to my toolset but I was wondering if we are only limited to the provided contemporary 3D animated people or if there was some way to import others, FBX only does static props, I want people dressed for other eras and settings and have no shortage of iClone, DAZ 3D, Mixamo and other assets, if I could drop looped FBX animations of these in it would be awesome for populating my scenes.

That’s really a nice thing for twinmotion to be part of Epic, but what really happens for those (like my architecture studio) who buy the licence on abvent last year ?
I mean, I read the FAQ on that point, and i understand that we will “be provided a free upgrade to the next paid version of Twinmotion released by Epic”.

But how is it going to work ? Will you send mails to previous Abvent Twinmotion accounts ? Do we have to install Epic Twinmotion like everyone and just wait for the next paid version ?

Thanks for your work Epic.

Hi, Is anyone else experiencing problems with Anti-aliasing when using TwinMotion for VR? In my case this has been a problem even before Epic acquired TwinMotion, I can only hope that Epic will do something about it.

Best regards, Philip

Thank you for taking it away from Abvent. They had terrible support.

That said, can we please get Live Link back ? :smiley:

Thanks

As I have seen Abvent Twinmotion supported VR for Oculus Rift+HTC Vive. Does Epic Twimotion support VR with Oculus Go or Oculus Quest?

Thanks in advance !

Having problems syncing from Archicad 21 to TM. Crashes every time. Have current build for both AC21, TM and exporter. Any ideas?

Hey@bboehm1 , I’m Twinmotion Community Manager. I can answer your question.
You can’t do interactive VR with Oculus Go and Oculus Quest, such as walkaround inside your project, change the weather and season, apply materials, things you can do when working with Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE in Twinmotion. However, you can produce 360° videos or 360° panoramas with Twinmotion and visualize them using an Oculus Go and Oculus Quest.

I recommend you open a discussion on Twinmotion community page for any further questions. Our support team and the community are there to help :wink: https://twinmotionhelp.epicgames.com/s/

Hi @PaulMcKean, you can open a support ticket here.

Is there a roadmap of where Twinmotion is heading? Would be very keen on inputting.

I totally agree. We should now where its heading before integrating it into our pipeline. I read sometime ago that it will be able to export the scenes into ue4. I wonder when its going to go out.