EOS stuck in a loop. Why can nobody answer.

I have followed the tutorial step by step. I have everything corectly. I just dont understand. After I run the standalone game, I get to the main menu, after clicking host it asks for email and password and afterwards it asks for permission. After I allow it I get this window again and again. Why? Just point me to the right direction.

1 Like

we need information about what your code does after you click the button

whats supposed to happen?

what does your code look like?

Sure thing mate. Here it is:
LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOSUI: Hot key event ignored because there are no known users.
LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOSAnalytics: EOS SDK Analytics disabled for route [1].
Im also uploading a video to see for yourself. (Screen record broken)

it could be the tutorial is out of date and you have the newest version of the SDK, so these methods might not work anymore.

after the FindSessionsAdvance node, do you get a “Find Failure” message?

what does your OutputLog say?

LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOSUI: Hot key event ignored because there are no known users.
LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOSAnalytics: EOS SDK Analytics disabled for route [1].

It has these two warnings. Let me run it again and will post.

Yep only these two warnings.

no, that’s fine

does it say “find failure”?

my best guess is that the tutorial is out of date

No it doesnt. I dont know mate, the tutorial guy made a troubleshoot video on how to make it work for ue5. So he updated it but it still wont work.

reading this thread, it looks like the AdvancedSessions plugin hasn’t been updated in 2 years. The EOS has changed massively since then.

also, that tutorial is a year old

my best advice would be to use the built-in FindSessions node (not FindSessionsAdvanced)

sorry i couldnt help, good luck!

Oh no mate, you helped me give up on troubleshooting this and find another way. Thank you! I tried it without advanced sessions but it seems the problem is in the EOS I just have to locate it.

Advanced sessions works off of the subsystem interface, it doesn’t have to massively change to interact with subsystems, specifically the EOS subsystem.

It is in maintenance mode, mostly just receiving fixes as epic breaks things, but that is another matter.

I managed to fix it, for anyone interested here is how i did it.

first look at the troubleshooting if you follow this guys tutorial.

The thing that did it for me was on Devportal I disabled the COUNTRY permission. That ended the loop and I managed to create a session.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.