Environment Queries Corrupting

Hello,

I’m playing around with the experimental Environment Queries which are great by the way. However they occasionally get corrupted. I can’t figure out how or why. It just seems to randomly occur when I’m debugging and starting/stopping the editor.

Please see screenshot attached.

Many thanks

Hi DamnRees,

I have a few questions about this bug that may help in reproducing the error.

Which version of the editor are you using?
Did you pull from Github or are you going through the launcher?
Has this occurred in a blank project with no additional content?

Hi ,

I’m using 4.6.1, downloaded via the Launcher. It’s happened to me twice whilst stopping debugging from Visual (and thus exiting the editor), then relaunching (from VS). The code I was debugging wasn’t related to Environment Queries.
I’ve not yet tried to see if it occurs in an empty project. But will try when time permits.

Cheers

Hey Dann,

Sorry for the late response, I’ve been trying to reproduce this issue for a little while now, but I’m not having much luck.

I’m in 4.6.1 and have a project based off of the third person template. I added an EQS (it’s not attached to anything, just orphaned in the content browser) and then started jumping in and out of debug/editor modes. I tried just changing a line of code here and there, but it was unaffected.

Is there anything I may or may not be doing in this process that is different from yours? Any additional information about the steps leading to the error could help.

Thanks!

No problem.
That’s pretty much it, all I could think of was it was due to “force quitting” the editor by pressing the “stop” button in Visual . It wasn’t something I noticed right away as I wasn’t working on them.
It’s not occurred again recently.

Hi, sorry for reopening this old answer but I just got this issue on 4.14, and a coworker also had this happen, I had a generate grip point that suddenly became a blank node, seems that there is a way to corrupt the env query, I didn’t had an engine crash so I’m not sure what caused this corruption

Hey ,

Please post a new thread in the Bug Reports section for your issue and I’ll be glad to look into it.

Thanks