THE THIRD FLOOR, Inc. is the world’s pre-eminent visualization company with offices in Los Angeles and London as well as on location with productions around the world. Since 2004, the studio has helped clients visualize and maximize content by producing computer-animated blueprints, known as “previsualizations”. Recent film and television projects THE THIRD FLOOR has worked on include The Martian, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Marvel’s Ant-Man, San Andreas, Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Mad Max: Fury Road, Maleficent, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Edge of Tomorrow, Guardians of the Galaxy and Game of Thrones Seasons 4 and 5.
The Third Floor London is looking for a passionate Environment Artist to work on high profile VR and Film related projects. The role will be hands-on with the Unreal Engine producing original content, so strong Unreal Experience is essential and experience with other game engines preferable.
- To drive the creative and quality vision of a project, and be able to communicate those ideas and goals to the rest of the team.
- Take environments from concept, through to completion in the Unreal Engine.
- Envisage and create environments that display the highest quality of composition and visual narrative and take the user on a visual journey.
- Implement efficient particle and geometry based VFX in Unreal.
- Work with Level Designers and Technical Artists to make environments functional and efficient.
- Contribute to the technical and tools pipelines, and workflows (in conjunction with our Technical Artists).
- Work with the art team on skills progression and career development.
- Substantial games industry experience, including a Lead or Senior Artist credit on at least one published title.
- Experience being the creative lead on a project, whilst responsible for the output of a team of artists.
- Excellent Unreal Engine skills.
- Extensive experience with composition and lighting.
- Knowledge of colour theory and its application in games environments.
- Experience with Maya.
- Experience with Z-brush.
- Experience with VFX in Unreal.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience producing concept art.
- Experience with other sculpting packages, such as Mudbox.
- Experience of team management and scheduling.
- Experience with other game engines – e.g. Unity, CryEngine & Frostbite.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Excellent Communication and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, and accepting of change; often tossing out ideas and starting anew.
- Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- Strong time management & organisation skills.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply through our website Careers page here: THE THIRD FLOOR
Only successful applicants will be contacted.