Entire project got deleted (1.5 weeks of hard work)

This morning I was trying to open up my project and I was not able to find it ! When I found, all the files are missing and left with default starter content. Are you (UE4 developers) serious !

I checked my folders from drive and nothing is in there ! Epic is doing very well, but what is this? Who gives you such right? Please fix this up. This is terrible experience I have ever had. Never had such issue with UE4 until now. This thing broke me up !

I’m going to be blunt and direct, so sorry in advance.

I don’t know if it was the engine fault or yours, but in any case, you won’t find much sympathy for what happened to you. Why? Because you should know better. Don’t you have backups of your personal files? We are tired of advising people to use source control and/or backups.

Hope you have learned with this experience and be willing to spend 5 minutes at the end of the day to at least make one backup of your project.

Yes, my fault :frowning: I’m so sad right now.

I’m really sorry in reading this! As EvilCleric says, take 5 minutes at the end of the day to backup your work. Im talking from personal experience back in my past. :frowning:
I know that sometimes it is not possible but at least you can have a backup of a couple of day before and you’ve just lost 1 or 2 days instead than a week or more.
Anyway, be strong and keet it up, next work will be better, trust me! :slight_smile:

Yes, my friend. Working on it again :slight_smile: I will create backup for sure from now on. Thank you all for being helpful.