Entering State Twice Problem - Animation Blueprint

I have 2 animation states

In the character bp, I change the player action variable to “TAKING_DAMAGE” when pressing F key.

In the “Taking Damage Entered Event” I print “Entered Taking Damage” string.
In the “Taking Damage Left Event” I set the action variable as “IDLE”.

When I press “F”, Animation Blueprint enters the “Taking Damage” state, then the animation stops (Taking Damage Loop is false), and the “Taking Damage Left Event” is triggered.

Animation Blueprint re-enters “Taking Damage State” for a short time (even though the player action variable is IDLE) and then returns to the idle state. But I change the player action variable to “IDLE” in the “Taking Damage Left Event”, how can this be possible?

I tried to disable Animation Blueprint MultiThreaded.

I don’t see a “do once” node in the event graph. Using notifies as custom events events can occur a number of times before the event is cleared. If you add a “do once” the damage state will enter until you rest the node I assume at the point that it needs to exit.

I added “do once node”, and now only prints once but there is still an animation state problem.

I unchecked “Always Reset on Entry” in the taking damage state, and the animation problem seems to be solved. But still sometimes animation sound notify is firing twice. What if I need “Always Reset on Entry” to be checked.