enhanced input does not register mouse input?!

context:

I am using unreal 5.2 and the enhanced input system, I made an action called “zoom”, then placed it into a action mapping called “basic”. On the action mapping I set the action “zoom” to mouse right click.

I have the player pawn begin play activate it. All the other actions on the action mapping work like looking and moving and interacting, except for “zoom”.

here are all the things I have tested:

• I have tested each test on these 3 mouse buttons being left mouse click, right mouse click, middle mouse click and they all don’t work, but my 2 side mouse buttons and scroll wheel register.
  • On the action mappings I added a new input which is game pad left shoulder, and it works.
  • On the action mappings I switch the keyboard key from mouse right click to “F” and it works.
  • You know how there’s two methods to input And input key where you can search up the name or you can click the button and have it register, well to select mouse right click I right click and unreal registered it in the .Actions mapping so unreal engine editor can definitely recognize my right mouse click but at runtime it doesn’t
  • I plugged in a different mouse and it still doesn’t work, but the mouse works for other things so it’s not a mouse thing
  • I use a new player controller and make sure right mouse click was never consumed.
  • I opened a new project and it works so it’s something on my project but don’t know. I added the oceanology plugin and that’s it

what is going on?!

I know this is a while since you posted but I have been running into the same issue. I believe I have found the culprit of mine. in the level blueprint we determine that the player controller gets its inputs but if it is also determined elsewhere then the code begins conflicting and it doesn’t know what iteration of the controls to use. Make sure that you only set the action mapping in one place and to one controller. If this doesn’t make sense I will attach screen shots to help move the knowledge along.

1 Like

I am running into the same issue right now…
I wonder if we should determin inputs only in player controller.
Can I determin inputs on the character pawn?