Engine Versions + icon is greyed out. No engine versions available

I’ve installed Epic Launcher to download and install Unreal Engine 4 but I’m not able to download any versions of the engine as there seems to be a strange bug blocking me from doing so.

No engine versions are in the list. The + is greyed out and the ‘install engine’ button doesn’t do anything. I’ve reinstalled to a different location, repaired the launcher, done a restart. signed out and signed back in. All to no avail.

Any idea how to fix this?

2 Likes

Opted to ‘sign in later’ and the button was then clickable. Went to sign into Unreal Account and it was unavailable again. Switched from epic games account → google account and for some reason it works. Very strange issue

3 Likes

Had the same issue! Sign in later worked for me as well! Thank you!

Can confirm - had to sign out, select “Sign in Later” (at the very bottom of the login screen), navigate to the unreal engine library page, select “Set as Current” on the (now visible) version (4.27.2 at time of writing), THEN sign back in via Google to allow downloading.

2 Likes

same problem, same solution thank you so much!

Same problem here and this worked for me too, thanks!

I tried this workaround a couple of minutes ago after reading this very thread:

• Logged out from the Launcher with an Epic account
  • On the loggin page, clicked on “Connecte later”
  • The button to download UE is now labelled with “Sign in” hence get you back on the Login page to authenticate

I tried with Google and Apple accounts and they did not work too.

Adrien

1 Like

I found a workaround:

• I went into the Library (Link on the left handside menu of the Launcher UI)
  • Searched for “Unreal Engine”
  • Search Result returned “Unreal Tournament”
  • I used to play this game a lot and i have a of time tonight so … i might like have a few retro gaming and i thought it might unlock the download of the engine
  • I started the Unreal Tournament download in the same foider where i installed the Launcher (f:\epic in my situation and not c:\epic)
  • I went back to the Unreal Engine in the left handside and the “+” button next to “Engine version” is not available and i started the download \o/
1 Like

This bug has still not been fixed. It’s like Epic wants us to hate their useless launcher.

I had the same issue - turned out my account didn’t have my first name and last name - added those, and all works now. Was a verrrrry old account that hadn’t been used in a long time!