Engine Turning off Laptop

Hello there guys!

I haven’t used unreal for a while and now im back, installed the new version and was good to go and then this happened, after starting a project working on it for about 30min and then my pc just crashed, after a while i started some diagnostics and turns out Unreal engine heats up my laptop over 90C and it turns itself off, so any help here?

Here are my system specs:

CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
CPU SPEED:
2.32 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
8.48 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
1.74 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
igdumd32.dll

Decrease the scalability settings under the “quick settings” tab + limit the . framerate to 25-30 fps https://answers.unrealengine/questions/13389/limit-fps-to-30.html

will try, thank you

During that keep an eye on the temp of your laptop and close the program before the laptop shuts down + look if you can see any improvements :slight_smile:

Your GPU isn’t supported

Yea, if you want, you can try to buy yourself a special cooler to cool your laptop. However, intel graphics are too low end.

It’s not even just that it’s low-end, but the Intel HD 3000 is different from the other Intel GPU’s and it doesn’t work properly.

Really? Is there nothing i can do about it? the older version worked though…

If you are talking about udk, then it isn’t an older version. Ue4 is a next gen engine. It’s new technology. It has also higher min requirements. If I have a pic that could ran unreal tournament 2004, then it doesn’t mean it will support ut3. And that’s even a smaller difference, because these are the same engines, and now it’s ue4.