"Engine\Source\Developer\DerivedDataCache" and Perforce

So my SCM (Perforce) ignored my local Engine’s DDC (Engine/DerivedDataCache/) as intended; however, it ALSO ignores “Engine\Source\Developer\DerivedDataCache\Public”, which now appears to be causing build error: “error : Could not find definition for module ‘DerivedDataCache’, (referenced via Target → Launch.Build.cs → SessionServices.Build.cs → Core.Build.cs)”

Should this directory be included in Perforce, and if so how should that look in my .p4ignore?
I currently have this line in my .p4ignore:

DerivedDataCache/

If this should not be in Perforce, how do teams usually access the \Source\Developer\DerivedDataCache\ path for building? Do they usually cache this on the Shared Network DDC with the actual cache contents? Thanks

…same issue here, did you find any solution?

1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Could not find definition for module 'DerivedDataCache', (referenced via Target -> Launch.Build.cs -> SessionServices.Build.cs -> Core.Build.cs)

This is behavior governed by Perforce. If you are using, for example, a file called .p4ignore in your root, you should add a second .p4ignore file in Unreal4_Base/Engine/Source/Developer with the following contents:

!DerivedDataCache

P4Ignore is cumulative by folder, so this should impact the Developer directory and its subdirectories only.

See more in Perforce’s community support pages.

2 Likes