This is a preview of features that we are implementing in a future binary release and is available on GitHub now for source users.
Tappy Chicken was Released!
Frontend External Tool Support
- The Unreal and Session Frontend now has the support to run external scripts (for example any Autohotkey script) and executables.
You can set this up using the Automation section of the Editor Preferences.
The test scripts will appear under the “External” section under the Session Frontends Automation tab.
When running these tests the next one won’t start until the current tests process has ended.
Ability to run a test X number of times
- You can now set the tests in the Frontend to run a certain number of times.
This allows you to rerun a test several times without having to hit play again.
The “Number of runs:” option is found under the dropdown arrow next to the start tests play button.
Editor screen shot capture command
- You can now use a console command to take a screenshot of any one or all of the windows that are currently open in the editor.
For one open window: EditorScreenShot or EditorShot Name=<Window Name>
For all open windows: EditorScreenShot or Editor Shot All
The screenshots will be saved to the <GameName>\Saved\Screenshots<Windows or Mac> folder.
New Test – Static Mesh UV’s
- There is a new test that can be found in the automation test list.
The “Static Mesh UVs” finds and lists our all meshes with overlapping and out of bounds UV’s.
Take note that this test does take some time for it to finish.
New Test – Static Mesh Toolbar functionality
- This tests cycles through each viewmode button in the static mesh editor. It also takes a screenshot after toggling on one of the view modes.
These screenshots will be visible in the Screen Comparison tab!
This test can be found under Editor > Contents in the automation test list.
The screenshots are placed here: <GameName>\Saved\Automation\StaticMeshEditorTest
- You can now setup presets in the Automation tab. This allows you to setup your own test groups for potential test runs.
Test Updates – Screenshot capture added to Load all Maps in Editor/Game
- The Load all Maps in Editor/Game tests will now also capture a screenshot. These screenshots will be visible in the Screen Comparison tab!
The screenshots are placed here:
Enable Screenshot? Full size Screenshots?
- For the tests that do take a screenshot in the Frontend you can now opt to take a full size screenshot instead of the smaller thumbnail size.
You have the option to turn off screenshots to help speed up your testing.
Screenshot Compare Full Size Screenshots
- You can now click on an image in the screenshot compare to make it full size.
Screenshot Compare – Show only Nth image
- You can now have the Screenshot Compare tab show only certain images. This is helpful if you have a large library of saved test screenshots.
- You can now cluster the testing and results for a groups of devices based on certain criteria (e.g. GPU, machine name, CPU, OS, etc.).
Results Report Card
- The test results will now show a color graph for each device group or machine that had ran a test.
This graph shows you how long and what test were ran.
This is especially helpful when running tests in parallel with other machines.
- Gameplay Tag Pin now only allows single select.
- Particle System arrow components no longer scale relative to their actor scale.
- Changed “Graph is linked to object(s) in external map” dialog to have a single “OK” button.
[INDENT]- Raw and Unit Time Stats now display correctly if Unit Graph isn’t already enabled.
- Scene Outliner
- Expansion states for outliner folders are now stored in per-user temporary config files.
- Added “Randomly Select Seed Array” option to random seed functionality.[/INDENT]
- Added a kismet node for Calibrating motion. Implemented for IOS devices.
- Xbox One is all monolithic D3D now.