Engine Keeps crashing after recompile with Metahuman (control rig problem)

Hi everyone,

I use a metahuman in my game. I use the body, face and groom components. Now when I make an change in my cpp file and recompile the code I always get the following crash:

I already removed all default control rigs from the skeletal meshes. But it keeps crashing.
When I restart the engine, the engine opens without any problems. But the Hot Reload always crashes if I make a change in my code on the char.

What is the problem here and how to solve it?

Same problem here, still not fixed :frowning:

hi, not sure if this will help, but I asked GPT on my crashes and this was the response. Still trying to fix this myself

The error message you provided suggests that there is an issue with the Metahuman Control Rig in your project. There could be a problem with the Control Rig blueprint or the memory storage generator class associated with it.

Here are a few steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:

1. Verify that you have the latest version of Unreal Engine and the MetaHuman Creator plugin installed. You can check for updates in the Epic Games Launcher.
  2. Try to reproduce the issue in a new project. Create a new project and add a Metahuman Control Rig to see if the issue persists. If it does not, then the issue may be specific to your current project.
  3. Verify that you have not made any changes to the Metahuman Control Rig blueprint or the associated memory storage generator class. If you have made any modifications, try to revert them to the original state.
  4. If you are still experiencing the issue, try deleting the Metahuman Control Rig assets and re-importing them into your project.
  5. If none of the above steps work, you can try to debug the issue further by using the Unreal Engine Debugger. This tool will allow you to step through the code and identify the root cause of the issue.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you resolve the issue and stop the crashes.

1 Like

Man try this: Go to All in Content Browser, right click on Content and Engine Folder and select Fix Up Redirectors, this will take 10 minutes, but with me stop crash my Project.
I hope this help