Download

Engine Feedback [Multi-Merged Threads - Mod]

Hi,

When moving around in Unreal Editor, I’d like to be able to remap Q and E keys to ctrl and space to match how I play FPS.

This is how my muscle memory works, so I’d like to adjust the tool to suit.

Asked this question on Answer hub and got no response.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/326107/remap-q-and-e-keys-to-ctrl-and-space.html

Thanks.

Unreal Engine Editor - Auto-hide panels

Modes, Content Browser, Details and Scene Outliner panels should have the option to auto-hide like in Visual Studio.

They take up a lot of screen real estate.

Even with a 4k display I find myself running out of room when doing certain things with Blueprints.

Unreal Engine Editor - Middle Mouse button for panning, not right mouse button

Middle Mouse button for panning, not right mouse button.

Currently I use a tool called StrokeIt - Mouse Gestures for Windows, which is used for gestures when holding down right mouse button.

I find that I have to disable it when using Unreal Engine Editor as I am unable to pan around.

Unreal Engine Editor - Ctrl+W does not close tabs

Standard shortcut key in a lot of programs that has tabs is to close a tab using ctrl+w.

Unreal Engine Editor - Blueprint Zoom - Max is 1:1, need higher zoom, 2:1, 4:1

I am using a 4k screen and while 1:1 is fine for me, some times when I need to show others what is on my screen who are looking over my shoulder 1:1 is not a high enough zoom level.

I am thinking at least 2:1, maybe 4:1

Unreal Engine Editor - Blueprint - Connecting Line crossing - Loop option

With an extensive Construction background, I’ve seen A LOT of P&IDs (Piping / Process and Instrumentation Diagrams) and PFD’s (Process Flow Diagrams)

A standard which have been used for a long time is to use a loop when two lines cross over each other.

Here is an example from AutoCAD 2015.

It increases the readability of the lines.