We’re excited to share a few of the new features now available on the Master branch on GitHub. To be able to try out these new features, you will need to download the source code for the Master branch and build the Engine yourself. For more information about how to build the Engine from source code, please see this page. The Master branch on GitHub is constantly being updated and is not quality tested so it may be potentially unstable. We do not recommend using the Master branch for project development. If you wish to wait, these features will be made available to all in an upcoming official release.
Additive Layer Editing
[/COLOR]We have added a Animation Editing Feature (Additive Layer Editing) into Persona, and this feature will allow you to modify animation in editor as layers.
To use this feature,
- Make sure you are in the Animation Tab and you have animation playing.
- If you do not already have a animation, use “Create Animation” menu.
Pause the frame you would like to edit.
Select the bone you would like to modify.
- If you are having a trouble selecting the bone in viewport, use Skeleton Tree to do so.
- Modify bones the way you would like (you can modify as many bones as needed).- If you are adding a key without any modification, make sure to select the bone you would like to key.
- When you are ready, click Set Key or click “S”
- You should see the curves coming up below.
- If you would like to see this result to the final animation, make sure to click “Apply.”
When you add a curve for the first time, it will add a constant curve, so it will apply to the whole animation.
If you would like to change a certain frame only, you will have to add keys in between.
See the video below for a quick run down of the feature:
- *Preview *
- Show Source Animation
- Show Baked Animation
- Track Options
- Disable Track
- Remove Track
- *What happens if you export *?
When you export, it will be whichever baked version of the animation is available. If you apply all the curves, it will export with curves.
- *What happens if you re-import *?
When you re-import animation, it will overwrite the source data and APPLY the curves.
If you do not like, please remove all the curves.
- Added support for self-patch file compression.
- Added code to save current tutorial progress when tutorials are closed.
- Added Worlds and Level Blueprints to the scene outliner.
- These can be double clicked to open the world settings and level blueprint respectively.