Engine crashing when smoothing landscape

So everytime i try to smooth or sculpt in the landscape the engine crashes. The problem is it used to work without any problem, for a week it’s been doing this.

I’m using the version 4.8.0 from the master branch.

I don’t remember having a FLandScapeGrassWeightPs as in my materials so it’s weird…link text

BUMP !!! !

Hi Leeroy712,

Please do not bump threads that have not gone unanswered for more than 4 days, this clutters the answerhub and makes it more difficult to assist anyone. I am assigned to this issue and will post here again as soon as I am able.

Hi Leeroy712,

Have you been able to reproduce this in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it specific to your project?

If you like, I would be more than happy to take a look at the project and see what is specifically occurring. If you don’t feel comfortable posting that here, you can private message me it on the forums (same name) and I’ll take a look. Can you also post your dxdiag here so I can check a few things (just to rule them out as potential reasons why this is occurring).

I’ve re imported the landscape in a clean level and no problem, the problem is we can’t redo everything from the beginning so we need to figure it out why it happens in our level…

The project is about 2gb in size so i don’t know how would we be able to share it :slight_smile: Our team is using Gdrive :slight_smile: If you want we can add you to the list :slight_smile:

link text

Hi Leeroy712,

That would be perfectly fine, or, if you would prefer to keep privacy for your project, you can upload the project to an FTP server such as dropbox and private message me the link, or simply share a link to the google drive and private message me there so that your files are secure.

Hi Leeroy712,

I just wanted to let you know I am still looking into this, I have a few more tests to try and I’ll get back to you when I have more information. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi Leeroy712,

I have not been able to successfully reproduce this on my end. Can you try 4.7.1 to see if this is still occurring for you?

it’s not happening anymore but the problem is even though we smooth the landscape if we close and restart the editor, in certain places the collision stops working and we have to smooth over and over every time we close the editor.

You should be able to refresh your landscape collision with the console command “RecreateLandscapeCollision”. Please keep in mind that there is a known issue with this console command in which it re-applies collision to landscape holes. To workaround this, paint a very small amount of the landscape hole material you are using on the existing landscape hole, it will re-remove the collision.

Hi Leeroy712,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment with the requested information. Thank you!