Engine Crashing When Placing Actors

Editor is crashing when I place default cube or other actors in the level.

UnrealEditor_Bridge!SetupOnActorsDroppedEvent’::2'::<lambda_1>::operator()() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\LocalBuilds\Bridge\2023.0.7\HostProject\Plugins\Bridge\Source\Bridge\Private\UI\BrowserBinding.cpp:365] UnrealEditor_Bridge!UE::Core::Private::Tuple::TTupleBase<TIntegerSequence<unsigned int> >::ApplyAfter<SetupOnActorsDroppedEvent’::2'::<lambda_1> &,TArray<UObject *,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > const &,TArray<AActor *,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > const &>() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\LocalInstall\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Templates\Tuple.h:311] UnrealEditor_Bridge!TBaseFunctorDelegateInstance<void __cdecl(TArray<UObject *,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > const &,TArray<AActor *,TSizedDefaultAllocator<32> > const &),FDefaultDelegateUserPolicy,SetupOnActorsDroppedEvent’::2'::<lambda_1> >::ExecuteIfSafe() [D:\build\++UE5\Sync\LocalInstall\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates\DelegateInstancesImpl.h:870]

Hey there @yoponchik! This is a core system failing, so there could have been installation issues.

Does this issue occur in other levels?

Does the error still occur in new projects?

I can’t seem to reproduce it in other levels or projects. It just happens randomly while I’m working.

Interesting!

May I know your specs?

Is the error precipitated by anything like high resource usage or maybe just frame/tick rate drops?

Here are my specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: RTX 4090
SSD: 1 TB

There wasn’t any particular high resource usage. Just my UE5 project and a couple internet tabs on.
From my memory, it didn’t crash during runtime, only when placing actors. So, I suppose we can disregard any custom code related things.

I’m just throwing a random shot in the dark, but seeing how the Bridge plugin is the reason, maybe it has something to do with Quixel Bridge? The interesting thing is that, it didn’t crash when I placed Megascans; only when I was placing basic editor actors.

I noticed bridge plugin being linked, though that shouldn’t interact with general actor placement. Does this still occur if you disable the bridge plugin?

The problem doesn’t persist when the bridge plugin is disabled.
Maybe there’s some sort of bug in 5.3 :cry:

Oh that is interesting! I couldn’t discern the issue from glancing at the source myself, so my recommendation is to report it as a bug here:

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/support/report-a-bug

In the meantime, if you can ascertain any information that might help solve it, let me know!

Alright, I’ll report it as soon as I find a way to reproduce the bug.