Engine crashing during startup at 45%

I’m trying to open up UE 4.22 for the first time after installing it and letting it install prerequisites, and it can’t make it past 45% before an Unreal process causes it to crash, apparently something to do with the MeshUtilities module:

Assertion failed: Module [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Modules\ModuleManager.cpp] [Line: 373] MeshUtilities

UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsErrorOutputDevice::Serialize() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowserroroutputdevice.cpp:79]
UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::LogfImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:71]
UE4Editor_Core!AssertFailedImplV() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:101]
UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::CheckVerifyFailedImpl() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:439]
UE4Editor_Core!DispatchCheckVerify<void,<lambda_3f5f8df9c100e4fae039a13194ee2c09> >() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\public\misc\assertionmacros.h:161]
UE4Editor_Core!FModuleManager::LoadModuleChecked() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\modules\modulemanager.cpp:373]
UE4Editor_Engine!BuildStaticMeshDerivedDataKey() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\staticmesh.cpp:1573]
UE4Editor_Engine!FStaticMeshRenderData::Cache() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\staticmesh.cpp:1694]
UE4Editor_Engine!UStaticMesh::CacheDerivedData() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\staticmesh.cpp:3454]
UE4Editor_Engine!UStaticMesh::PostLoad() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\staticmesh.cpp:3867]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ConditionalPostLoad() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:1052]
UE4Editor_Engine!UBodySetup::PostLoad() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\physicsengine\bodysetup.cpp:912]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ConditionalPostLoad() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:1052]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!EndLoad() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1576]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!<lambda_65751f9097c65f5ba82c6d72f714af4e>::operator()() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1215]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackageInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1316]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!LoadPackage() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:1411]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ResolveName() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:751]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!StaticLoadObjectInternal() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:813]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!StaticLoadObject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:888]
UE4Editor_Engine!ConstructorHelpersInternal::FindOrLoadObject<UStaticMesh>() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\public\uobject\constructorhelpers.h:36]
UE4Editor_Engine!UCameraComponent::UCameraComponent() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\camera\cameracomponent.cpp:35]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UClass::CreateDefaultObject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3076]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!FObjectInitializer::CreateDefaultSubobject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectglobals.cpp:3655]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CreateDefaultSubobject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\obj.cpp:107]
UE4Editor_Engine!ACameraActor::ACameraActor() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\camera\cameraactor.cpp:23]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UClass::CreateDefaultObject() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:3076]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObjectLoadAllCompiledInDefaultProperties() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectbase.cpp:789]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!ProcessNewlyLoadedUObjects() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\uobjectbase.cpp:869]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::PreInit() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2359]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:129]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:145]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:275]
UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [d:\agent\_work\3\s\src\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:288]
kernel32
ntdll

I’m not trying to open any particular game or project, I’m just trying to open the engine so that I can create a C++ project.

I’ve only been able to find one Unreal Engine forum post with the same issue, and the only given answer was to repair the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio. I just have VS 2019 installed on my setup and so tried repairing the packages, but that didn’t help. I don’t think VS is the problem - I was able to run UE 4.25 just fine with it (I recently uninstalled 4.25 due to storage space limitations before installing 4.22), and VS 2019 is supposed to be compatible with 4.22. Maybe something is wrong with my installation of 4.22 (even though I was able to verify the installation from within the Epic Games Launcher)? I’m not sure what else to try besides just reinstalling the engine since I don’t know what might be causing the problem.

I’m running Windows 10, if it matters.