Engine crashes when saving map (Ensure condition failed)

So I started up unreal and loaded my map like usual and did some small changes and tweaks. When I decided to save my map the editor closed immediately with no crash report client opening. Opening the map and trying to save any changes again causes it to crash, even with previous autosaves and backups. This hasn’t happened before and just yesterday I worked on it as usual with no crashes whatsoever.

I can’t really find anything specific in the crash log, there is an error there but I cannot figure out what it means. It seems like there is something wrong with the map file itself (maybe the level blueprint?) (see attached file with error)

The Error

I hope someone can help me fix this, as I’ve been working on this map for quite a while and I don’t want to lose it.(backups, copies of the map, and autosaves also crash)

1 Like

I should mention that even though copying the map itself does not work, copying all of it’s contents to an empty map seems to work just fine and it saves without crashing, it looks like it’s a level blueprint error, or just something wrong with the map file itself. My level blueprint is empty except for one variable, upon removing the variable and compiling, it also crashes. Is there any fix to this?

You could try save as… or you could try opening two copies of the editor and copying everything from your map into a new map.

Copying everything to a new map seems to work. It appears to be a problem with the level blueprint for whatever reason (I had one variable in it, and deleting that and compiling the blueprint crashes just like saving the map).

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

It didnt help me solving th problem but it did clearified me the reason behind the crashing, thankyou so much