Engine crashes when opening .uproject file

Hey.

Basically the issue I am having is I recently did a clean installation of my windows 10, re-installed the unreal engine e etc. I also backed up my projects onto a external hard drive. Once all of the re-instations were complete I then proceeded to attempt opening the .uproject file in both of my two projects, the engine goes through it’s initial 100% load-up for the project then suddenly it crashes with the following error:

MachineId:E1FC924244F7B15292BAD78EFC8B1899
 EpicAccountId:58420a7c76044819b8312e472c17d170

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

"Fatal error: [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatform

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
 UE4Editor_Core!FGenericPlatformMemory::OnOutOfMemory() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\genericplatform\genericplatformmemory.cpp:78]
 UE4Editor_Core!FMallocTBB::Realloc() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\hal\malloctbb.cpp:99]
 UE4Editor_Core!FHeapAllocator::ForAnyElementType::ResizeAllocation() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\containerallocationpolicies.h:344]
 UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!TArray::Emplace() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:1735]
 UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FNameTableArchiveReader::SerializeNameMap() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\nametablearchive.cpp:52]
 UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FNameTableArchiveReader::LoadFile() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\nametablearchive.cpp:31]
 UE4Editor_AssetRegistry!FAssetDataGatherer::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\assetregistry\private\assetdatagatherer.cpp:79]
 UE4Editor_Core!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:74]

I can create new projects on this pc fine. But two of my projects on my hard drive wont open, they opened fine before the reinstallation and was made with UE4.9 and I am still using UE4.9

Hello,

There are a couple of things you could try in this situation.

• Go into your project folder and delete the saved and intermediate folders and then attempt to open the project again. (Make a backup of these folders just in case)
  • Download 4.10.1 and attempt to open a copy of the project in question in that version.

Let me know if either of these solutions work for you.

Hello,

I am marking this topic as resolved for tracking purposes, as we have not heard from you in a few days. If this issue persists, feel free to respond to this thread. For any new questions, please create a new Answerhub topic.

Have a great day