Engine crashes when moving camera in viewport - URGENT

Whenever i move by holding thr right mouse button in the viewport the engine crashes randomly - this is very important as I have deadlines and keep constantly losing tens of hours and days of work because of this, which is ridiculous especially as It happens on a project I’ve been constantly working for the past year. Here is the bug report:

LoginId:3b393d174603afd0722090b9b0ecb2ee
EpicAccountId:1eb8528b4a97465db4dc824e4022bb9f

Assertion failed: FVector::Distance(InitOptions.ViewRotationMatrix.GetScaleVector(), FVector::OneVector) < (1.e-4f) [File:D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Engine/Private/SceneView.cpp] [Line: 471]

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Hi, there are only 2 solutions I currently know, both with huge drawbacks and not perfect. First, sometimes loading up a much older save of the game seems to work and the crash doesnt happen again but then you lose all the work you ve done up to that point. Second, making a new map anr copy and paating all the actors from your map to the new one seems to do the job aswell (ctr C ctr V all actors). But then again you can lose foliage and have to repaint it as i do and it can be a bit time consuming to get back to the same level as before. Duplicating the map doesnt work. Hope this helps, and I am still waiting from a proper answer from unreal but it doesnt really seem like they care alot about these important problems, a shame ://.

Hey , kreen have you got any solution for the problem, I am facing the same issue and it just irritates to save every change again and again and I can’t get to any answers for it .

I luckily have a second copy of my map as I already lost my map once that knocked some sense into me but it’s a huge bump as it’s almost 6 months ago which is quite difficult to redo . I will have to try some driver stuff and use this as a last resort .sometimes it’s a shame that unreal doesn’t give a ■■■■ about the engine problems . Thanks it helped me

Hey if your last save is older than a week I recommend just to make a new map and do Ctr C and Ctrl V all the actors usually you lose pretty much nothing in the process which is way better.

Oh thank you, feel so stupid for not thinking it before also the crash only takes place at a specific location with larger amount of blueprints, thought this might help with the cause of crash .

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks,

I had same issue… Just updated my Nvidia drivers and its gone.

Yeah it does appear to be related to GPU but also if you copy and paste all the map into a new one it works just fine so its also a code problem from the developers. Just by curiosity you updated the drivers online like the software part or did you also buy a new GPU - hardware ?