Engine BUG?

Create a new empty game project, and then add the dependency of “WindowsNoEditorTargetplatformModule”, as shown in the figure below. As a result, there is no problem building in the DebugEditor mode, but link errors are reported in both DebugGame and Development modes. As shown in the figure below. How to solve this problem. This question has been bothering me for some time. I hope someone can answer it. Thank you.

Creating library D:\UE4Projects\testplus\Binaries\Win64\testplus.lib and object D:\UE4Projects\testplus\Binaries\Win64\testplus.exp 3>WindowsNoEditorTargetPlatformModule.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __cdecl FStaticMeshLODSettings::Initialize(class FConfigFile const &)” (?Initialize@FStaticMeshLODSettings@@QEAAXAEBVFConfigFile@@@Z) referenced in function “public: __cdecl TGenericWindowsTargetPlatform<0,0,0>::TGenericWindowsTargetPlatform<0,0,0>(void)” (??0?$TGenericWindowsTargetPlatform@$0A@$0A@$0A@@@QEAA@XZ) 3>D:\UE4Projects\testplus\Binaries\Win64\testplus.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals 3>D:\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(49,5): error MSB3073: The command ““D:\UE4.25 Source\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat” testplus Win64 Development -Project=“D:\UE4Projects\testplus\testplus.uproject” -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild” exited with code -1. 3>Done building project “testplus.vcxproj” – FAILED.

Why are you putting WindowsNoEditorTargetPlatformModule there ? what is the purpose?

I have never done that in any of my projects.

Thank you for your reply.

In fact, I want to use savepackage in runtime mode. The engine itself does not support this. I made a few changes to the savepackage and linkersave. It seems that they can be saved successfully under debuggame. But loadpackage always fails,

Now I suspect that the problem is the target parameter in the function of savepackage. Since this platform parameter is not passed, the cook process will not be executed. However, loadpackage loads data from the cook’s resources. If you need to pass the target parameter, you need to refer to the windows noeditor targetplatform module. They will report the above questions.

Now I wonder if it’s because Target.type=game The above problems are caused. Is trying to put Target.Type Try changing it to program.

Do you have any suggestions about the save package under runtime? thank you!