Engine and launcher missing after restart

Hello,

I installed Unreal Engine 4.11 a few days ago. I’ve been using this version of the engine without any problems, granted I have not restarted my computer since then.

I’ve mainly focused on using blueprints so far, but decided I was going to convert parts of my project into C++. So I installed Visual Community version. This prompted me to restart my computer after it was finished installing. Upon the restart I noticed that my Epic Games Launcher was missing. I searched my computer and it was no where to be found. The 4.10 engine is still installed and has a file size of ~3GB. The 4.11 folder only has ~250kb now after the restart, and the folder for the launcher is missing.

If I go into installed programs I can see the launcher there, but am unable to repair as the file it is looking for is missing as well. I redownloaded the launcher and installed it from the unreal engine website. Upon opening it I was prompted with the options to repair my 4.10.4 engine, and install 4.11.1.

All of my projects, backups, and everything are still located where they were before, it appears as if it was just the engine and the launcher that vanished. I’m redownloading the engine as I’m writing this, but I’m guessing everything will work like it is supposed to. Just thought that this needed to be mentioned as after searching I hadn’t seen anyone else with this problem.

Folders and sizes

Hi Snackmix,

In order for us to offer the best support, we have recently modified the process for how Epic Games can help troubleshoot your Launcher issue. Please visit http://help.epicgames.com/ for technical support, here you can find information and solutions for common issues, as well as a contact form if you still need additional assistance. Thanks!