Engine 4.1.1 Crash at any project load - DsmUserTask.exe crash

I have been working on a project for the past few days, in the 4.1.1 engine. Today when I tried to load the same project everything crashed…

I can’t make a new project either, same crash…

The program that crashes is “DsmUserTask.exe”.

I can’t work on any of my 4.1.1 projects…
And I can’t fallback to 4.0.2 because the shaders and models ecc. are not Retrocompatible.

Hi Mdvrender -

Does UE4 generate a crash report or is it just a crash report generated through Windows referncing the “DSMUserTask.exe” file?

If it does generate a crash report from UE4 can you upload your crash logs and dump files (found at [project]\Saved\Logs folder. Additionally, you can please send us the CrashReportClient.log file located in C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\4.0\Engine\Programs\CrashReportClient\Saved\Logs.) as well as the string of numbers and letters that the crash reporter gives you when you submitt your report.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

I don’t seem to be able to upload the files using the attach function in this page…
I’ve made a .rar with the files.
Here is the link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03qRTSKy_3zaDd4Z2NxME83TDA/edit?usp=sharing

Crash report String:
“a55e88933eb8e844a1021a4db0f00238”

Thank you.

Hey Mdvrender -

Did you submit the crash report if not, please do so and then give me the Crash Report String? It will link me to your submitted crash report in an internal database.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

OK. Just submitted. tnk.
Here is the string:

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please send this crash report to help improve our software.

a55e88933eb8e844a1021a4db0f00238

Hey Mdvrender -

Can you confirm your OS version, Video Card Information and Driver, as well as the Editor version (Launcher or Compiled)?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Ok.
-Windows 8 Pro.
-GeForce GTX 660.
-Driver 335.23 (already tried to update to the last driver results in no success).
-Unreal engine 4.1.1 Launcer.

Ps.
4.0.2 editor still working

Hi Mdvrender -

After some searching I cannot find any reason you should be getting this kind of error with the Launcher working and allowing you to go into 4.0.2 and not 4.1.1. I would recommend at this point, uninstalling the launcher and engine and re-downloading it from your account page. With the error related to a Windows Task Manager it may be that some registry file was corrupted at some point in which case uninstalling and re-installing may fix the error

Thank You

-Eric Ketchum

OK.
Thanks for the quick support.