'Enable Root Motion' doesnt work on Retargeted Root Motion

Hi there.I am using UE5’s ik retargeter to retarget animations.
Here’s a problem that is when I retarget root motion animation,the new animation did have the same root motion offset, but when I checked the ‘Enable Root Motion’ box in Asset Details panel, the character just keep on doing the same root motion offset.I have checked the source animation and ‘Enable Root Motion’ is work on it.
Wondering if someone can tell me how to fix this issue?

4 Likes

I believe you just need to check “Force Root Lock” on your source animation before retargeting

Once you retargeted an animation, I think the root motion setting is baked it, meaning the same panel above does nothing

I had the same issue today, and just tried everything randomly, not sure if this is THE solution, it just worked for me. GL

4 Likes

thx!that’s work!

Hello I am currently working on using root motion for a game project. When I enabled root motion from a tutorial I saw I was expecting a variety of different warping options but it’s as if there was no change at all and I am confused if I may have missed something???

That’s bloody brilliant. I tried everything on the anim once it was retargeted - I hadn’t thought to click “force root motion” on the SOURCE character. Works like a charm.

Also, there is a chance this might work for some. (the above solution did not work for me)
Select the root from Chain Mapping
Then in Details → Translation Mode → set to Globally Scaled

3 Likes

It does not work.
Motren ne berthom tpillit

This is the key.

I’m retargeting from a UE Mannequin to UE Mannequin using the Lyra project.

Changing translation Mode to “Globally Scaled” will ensure that the retargeted animation has root motion.

I also tested this out with and without “force root motion” and it seems this part doesn’t matter.

1 Like