Download

empty plugin creates duplicate linking error?

Hi

I’ve written a minimap system in c++ and thought it would be useful to expose it as a plugin (Ready for when epic allow the market to sell plugins). I figured it was a similar idea to the cable component, so I started with an empty project created by following this tutorial (A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements and Releases - Unreal Engine Forums), and emulated the settings from the cablecomponent project file.

Its a brand new project created from the c++ top down shooter, so far only containing the code instructions from the tutorial

When I compile it. I get this ->

1>EXEC : error : Module “MinimapPlugin” linked into both C:\Users\stuart\Documents\Unreal Projects\MinimapPlugin\Plugins\Minimap\Content\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MinimapPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.dll and …\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MinimapPlugin-Win64-DebugGame.dll, which creates ambiguous linkage for dependents.



{
    "FileVersion" : 3,

    "FriendlyName" : "Minimap Plugin",
    "Version" : 1,
    "FriendlyVersion" : "1.0",
    "EngineVersion" : 1579795,
    "Description" : "Draw a volume, take a screenshot, add to your UMG HUD, set your icons and this will add a minimap to your world.",
    "Category" : "Maps.Minimap",

	"CreatedBy" : "Stuart Crouch",
    "CreatedByURL" : "http://bitbucket.org/wiki",

    "Modules" :
    
        {
            "Name" : "MinimapPlugin",
            "Type" : "Runtime"
        }
    ]
}


I don’t understand what I’ve done wrong. Can anyone see where I’ve made the mistake?

I don’t see a uplugin file inside the Source folder. I don’t think that’s what’s causing it but I’m surprised that your plugin is building at all without it.

I think this is actually something in the game module since it’s MinimapPlugin…dll (the name of your project) that’s causing it. Have you included your game module in your plugin or anything similar?

If you checkout the 4.8 preview there’s a plugin wizard which you can enable as an experimental option. Using that might be the easier way to fix it.

uplugin file is under content.

The end cause… The game project was called MinimapPlugin, and I set the module name to…

MinimapPlugin

the uplugin now reads as



{
    "FileVersion" : 3,

    "FriendlyName" : "Minimap",
    "Version" : 1,
    "FriendlyVersion" : "1.0",
    "EngineVersion" : 1579795,
    "Description" : "Draw a volume, take a screenshot, add to your UMG HUD, set your icons and this will add a minimap to your world.",
    "Category" : "Maps.Minimap",

	"CreatedBy" : "Stuart Crouch",
    "CreatedByURL" : "http://bitbucket.org/wiki",

    "Modules" :
    
        {
            "Name" : "Minimap",
            "Type" : "Runtime"
        }
    ]
}


Changed the 5th line from the bottom and it compiles without error