Email address validation on an editable text?

I’m working on a project that requires a login system. But I am having difficulties in achieving what I am aiming for. I have an editable text that is currently checking if the symbol “@” or text “.com” is inputed by a user. Only issue with this is that if I place the @ or the .com anywhere on the editable tex, (e.g. unreal@.engine.com) it would still show as valid. I’m aiming for checking if the email address inputed is a valid email address something like (unreal.engine@[domain].com). Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much!

Don’t check for the “.com” as their could be email addresses with “.net”, “.org”, etc. Given that there are many different cases where that is different, I recommend you just remove that check.

If this is just for a login, I’m not sure why its crucial that you need a system to validate the address.

You should at least check to make sure that the “@” isn’t at the beginning or end of the address, using the “Starts With” and “Ends With” string nodes.

That makes sense. I forgot that there are also email address with the .net, .org, etc. I will try to follow your recommendation. Aside from checking the @ isn’t at the beginning or end of the address, I had an idea to check that the @ can only be inputted once. Do you have an idea how I can achieve this? Thanks in advance again!

Sorry, for necro, but if anyone stumbles upon this topic it’s important for them to know. Validating email is hard and the best known method (if there is no library for it) is to use regex. And noone would ever figure it out on their own:

(?:[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+(?:\.[a-z0-9!#$%&'*+/=?^_`{|}~-]+)*|"(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21\x23-\x5b\x5d-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])*")@(?:(?:[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?\.)+[a-z0-9](?:[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9])?|\[(?:(?:(2(5[0-5]|[0-4][0-9])|1[0-9][0-9]|[1-9]?[0-9]))\.){3}(?:(2(5[0-5]|[0-4][0-9])|1[0-9][0-9]|[1-9]?[0-9])|[a-z0-9-]*[a-z0-9]:(?:[\x01-\x08\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x1f\x21-\x5a\x53-\x7f]|\\[\x01-\x09\x0b\x0c\x0e-\x7f])+)\])