Hello Unreal Devs,
This is the first time I present one of my projects, I hope you’ll like it!
This pack contains a collection of effects designed to allow you to create any kind of electrical effect. The turnkey examples include lasers, projectiles, explosions, electric arcs interacting with the environment, storms, and effects bouncing from target to target. However, you will be able to create your own VFX using the numerous emitters offered.
BONUS : A map with all effects reworked to be optimized for VR.
Niagara (the Unreal Engine’s next-generation VFX system) is still under development, this pack will evolve with the updates.
- The effects are fully configurable (color, intensity, thickness, distortion, style etc.)
- Skeletal Mesh : homogeneous and it does not need to allow CPUAccess
- Static Mesh : You only need to add the effect to the component (and adjust « color », « Quantity » and « Size »)
- 9 examples : Static Mesh, Skeletal Mesh, Between two points, Laser, projectile, Explosion, EnergyBall, storm, and transmission
- The effects can very easily be adapted to your own projects (Take a look at my turorials on my youtube channel).
- The effects can be adapted to realistic or stylized projects (Use the parameters and the VR assets to accentuate the stylized aspect).
Type of Emitters: (CPU)
**Number of Unique Effects: **14 (+14: VR)
**Number of Materials: **13 (+4: VR)
**Number of Textures: **9
Number of Blueprints: 14 (+10: VR)
Number of Unique Meshes: 1
Supported Development Platforms:
**Important/Additional Notes: **Make sure you enable « Niagara Plugin » in your UE4 project (Edit > Plugins > FX > Niagara) and « instanced stereo » was disabled (Edit > Project Settings > rendering > VR) if you are working on a VR project.
I created some tutorials to explain how to use this pack but also to offer a wide range of possibilities.
So if you have any comments or suggestions, I will try to integrate them in tutorials or by adding effects in the next updates.