EGS Launcher Demanding Focus Every Few Minutes

When running EGS in the background, it “pops up” and takes desktop focus every couple minutes, without any exaggeration. It’s as infuriating as it sounds. I think the only time it doesn’t do this, is when it’s completely closed or a game is running.

It also refreshes whichever page it was on, or if I’m monitoring a download, returns to the default main store page.

Either way, the app should never, ever, when running in the background, move itself to the foreground and take focus. One simply cannot work or accomplish much of anything on the desktop when it continues to do this. Closing the app completely is usually no issue, but when I’m running 100+GB updates/downloads, it’s brutal.

Having done more testing, some new findings:

• did a full uninstall and reinstall of EGS launcher. Apparently that also removes ALL my EGS installed products, fun! The issue still persists. Also cleared the EGS save folder directory to be safe.
  • the “focus-pop-up issue” seems to mainly occur when downloading/updating (which I now have to endure for 200GB)
  • this seems to mainly happen while running minimized

Hi Dave,

It looks like the issue you’re describing is about utilizing the Epic Game Store as a player. Unfortunately, this team is not equipped to be able to assist you and you will need to reach out to player support.

Please check out the player support website here: Epic Games Technical Support & Customer Service | Epic Games

Best,

Kendall

OK thanks, sorry for barking up the wrong tree as it were, and for the helpful link.

All the best;

Dave